“Once a penguin, always a penguin!”
|Category: Scandinavian Liberal Paradise|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The Union of Jesioneka is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by democratically-elected Jes with an even hand, and renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants. The compassionate population of 24.887 billion Jesionekans enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The relatively small, liberal government prioritizes Education, although Environment and Spirituality are also considered important, while Defense and Law & Order receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Aenna. The average income tax rate is 4.3%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The enormous but underdeveloped Jesionekan economy, worth a remarkable 1,726 trillion dollar-taco parita a year, is dominated by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Gambling, Uranium Mining, and Retail. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 69,381 dollar-taco parita, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government has taken a 'sort it out yourselves' approach to fighting malaria, leather-clad individuals can be seen walking their slaves in public parks, voting is compulsory, and wind farms are erected on shuttered oil platforms. Crime is totally unknown. Jesioneka's national animal is the penguin, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Jesioneka is ranked 37th in 10000 Islands and 1,589th in the world for Most Beautiful Environments, with 1,522.5 Pounds of Wildlife less Pounds of Concrete per square mile.
Most Recent Government Activity: 13 hours ago
- 10 hours ago: Jesioneka was reclassified from "Left-Leaning College State" to "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise".
- 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Jesioneka, wind farms are erected on shuttered oil platforms.
- 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Jesioneka, voting is compulsory.
- 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Jesioneka, leather-clad individuals can be seen walking their slaves in public parks.
- 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Jesioneka, the government has taken a 'sort it out yourselves' approach to fighting malaria.
- 2 days 9 hours ago: Jesioneka fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Jesioneka, Max Barry is this year's Miss Jesioneka.
- 26 days ago: Following new legislation in Jesioneka, the government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion.
- 43 days ago: Following new legislation in Jesioneka, the government extracts trade concessions from poor nations in exchange for humanitarian aid.
- 43 days ago: Following new legislation in Jesioneka, a new generation of aquariumless hotels are being built under government supervision.
Endorsements Received: 25 » Solleana, Dustwind, Rex Republic, Kelvinski, Independent State Allied Forces of Belka, North Southumberland, Port-du-sud, Anollasia, Slaytania, Coreras, The Blessed and Almighty Bog, Lost Islands of Pantagon, Mystiquelle, Hasurei, The Isle of Tol Eressea, FreeGunsForAll, Markanite, LARF, Aipotu Ruo, Zyrcrestia, Nojia, Zafalla, Blogotopia, Wysrod, and Zabbar.