The Union of Jesioneka is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by democratically-elected Jes with an even hand, and renowned for its complete lack of prisons, rampant corporate plagiarism, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, cheerful, devout population of 25.056 billion Jesionekans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The relatively small government prioritizes Education, with Environment and Spirituality also on the agenda, while Defense and Law & Order aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Aenna. The average income tax rate is 4.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The enormous but underdeveloped Jesionekan economy, worth a remarkable 1,717 trillion dollar-taco parita a year, is dominated by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Gambling, Uranium Mining, and Retail. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 68,564 dollar-taco parita, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government has taken a 'sort it out yourselves' approach to fighting malaria, leather-clad individuals can be seen walking their slaves in public parks, voting is compulsory, and wind farms are erected on shuttered oil platforms. Crime is totally unknown. Jesioneka's national animal is the penguin, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 2 hours ago
- 7 days ago: Jesioneka was endorsed by The Cinnamon Cookie Community of Yatsuhashimurasaki.
- 8 days ago: Jesioneka was endorsed by The United States of The Republic of Michigan.
- 13 days ago: Jesioneka was reclassified from "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise" to "Democratic Socialists".
- 20 days ago: Jesioneka fell out of the world Top 10% for Lowest Crime Rates.
- 28 days ago: Jesioneka was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Devout (last census: Top 1%).
- 28 days ago: Jesioneka was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Devout (last census: Top 1%).
- 29 days ago: Jesioneka was reclassified from "Left-Leaning College State" to "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise".
- 29 days ago: Following new legislation in Jesioneka, wind farms are erected on shuttered oil platforms.
- 29 days ago: Following new legislation in Jesioneka, voting is compulsory.
- 29 days ago: Following new legislation in Jesioneka, leather-clad individuals can be seen walking their slaves in public parks.
Endorsements Received: 27 » Solleana, Dustwind, Rex Republic, Kelvinski, Independent State Allied Forces of Belka, North Southumberland, Port-du-sud, Anollasia, Slaytania, Coreras, The Blessed and Almighty Bog, Lost Islands of Pantagon, Mystiquelle, Hasurei, The Isle of Tol Eressea, FreeGunsForAll, Markanite, LARF, Aipotu Ruo, Zyrcrestia, Nojia, Zafalla, Blogotopia, Wysrod, Zabbar, The Republic of Michigan, and Yatsuhashimurasaki.