The United Federation of Jenlom is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Lennon Tolstoy with a fair hand, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies, smutty television, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, democratic, devout population of 10.845 billion Jenlomians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The minute, corrupt, liberal, outspoken government, or what there is of one, is primarily concerned with Industry, with Education and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Environment aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tomdon. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Jenlomian economy, worth a remarkable 3,099 trillion Toms a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Automobile Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 285,797 Toms, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.0 times as much as the poorest.
Graffiti graces every city's streets, customs turn away those considered to have an unfavourable ethnicity, 'The Anti-Government Hour' is a popular programme on many of Jenlom's radio stations, and the military frequently holds bake sales to raise funds. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Jenlom's national animal is the Lion, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is not legislated for.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Jenlom seized the position of The Versutian Federation WA Delegate from The Empire of Kerethia.
- : Jenlom was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced (last census: #1).
- : Jenlom was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Free.
- : Jenlom fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Populations.
- : Jenlom fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Politically Free.
- : Jenlom was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Information Technology Sector (last census: #1).
- : Jenlom's influence in The Versutian Federation rose from "Enforcer" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Jenlom's influence in The Versutian Federation fell from "Eminence Grise" to "Enforcer".
- : Jenlom was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector (last census: Top 1%).
- : Jenlom fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.