The United Federation of Jenlom is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Lennon Tolstoy with a fair hand, and renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, unlimited-speed roads, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 11.381 billion Jenlomians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The minute, corrupt, liberal, outspoken government, or what there is of one, is primarily concerned with Industry, with Education and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Environment aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tomdon. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Jenlomian economy, worth a remarkable 3,252 trillion Toms a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Automobile Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an amazing 285,753 Toms, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.9 times as much as the poorest.
Graffiti graces every city's streets, customs turn away those considered to have an unfavourable ethnicity, 'The Anti-Government Hour' is a popular programme on many of Jenlom's radio stations, and the military frequently holds bake sales to raise funds. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Jenlom's national animal is the Lion, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is not legislated for.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Jenlom was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : Jenlom was ranked #1 in the region for Lowest Unemployment Rates (last census: Top 5%).
- : Jenlom was endorsed by The Kingdom of CRIPNATION.
- : Jenlom lost the endorsement of The Kingdom of CRIPNATION.
- : Jenlom was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Influential (last census: Top 5%).
- : Jenlom was ranked #1 in the region for Most Influential (last census: Top 5%).
- : Jenlom was ranked #1 in the region for Most Armed (last census: Top 5%).
- : Jenlom was endorsed by The Archipellago of Lun Noir.
- : Jenlom was ranked #1 in the region for Most Scientifically Advanced (last census: Top 5%).
- : Jenlom was endorsed by The Kingdom of En Passant.