The United Federation of Jenlom is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Lennon Tolstoy with a fair hand, and renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, sprawling nuclear power plants, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, democratic, devout population of 9.92 billion Jenlomians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The minute, corrupt, liberal, outspoken government, or what there is of one, is primarily concerned with Industry, although Education and Healthcare are also considered important, while Spirituality and Social Policy aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tomdon. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Jenlomian economy, worth a remarkable 2,822 trillion Toms a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Automobile Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 284,569 Toms, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.0 times as much as the poorest.
Graffiti graces every city's streets, customs turn away those considered to have an unfavourable ethnicity, 'The Anti-Government Hour' is a popular programme on many of Jenlom's radio stations, and the military frequently holds bake sales to raise funds. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Jenlom's national animal is the Lion, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is not legislated for.
Most Recent Government Activity: 16 days ago
- 59 minutes ago: Jenlom was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Soda Pop Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 4 days ago: Jenlom was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Retail Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 11 days ago: Jenlom was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Influential (last census: Top 5%).
- 11 days ago: Jenlom was ranked #1 in the region for Most Influential (last census: Top 5%).
- 18 days ago: Jenlom was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Free.
- 20 days ago: Jenlom fell out of the regional Top 10% for Smartest Citizens.
- 24 days ago: Jenlom was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- 27 days ago: Jenlom was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Manufacturing Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 27 days ago: Jenlom was endorsed by The Federal Directive of Valloria.
- 27 days ago: Jenlom lost the endorsement of The Federal Directive of Valloria.