“Operor illa pardus planto meus butt vultus magnus?”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Contender
The Democratic Republic of Jenesia is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by President Trixie Lamour with an even hand, and renowned for its punitive income tax rates. Its hard-nosed, intelligent population of 15.761 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Healthcare, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Funkytown. The average income tax rate is 100%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
An increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents, photographers have to apply for a license to photograph President Trixie Lamour, the government is avowedly atheist, and cremation is compulsory for the deceased. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Jenesia's national animal is the Sacred Cow, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Euro.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 hours ago
- 37 minutes ago: Following new legislation in Jenesia, cremation is compulsory for the deceased.
- 11 hours ago: Jenesia was endorsed by The Colony of The burntland.
- 12 hours ago: Jenesia was endorsed by The Republic of Moldavians People.
- 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Jenesia, the government is avowedly atheist.
- 1 day 1 hour ago: Jenesia was endorsed by The Dictatorship of Gianniking.
- 1 day 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Jenesia, photographers have to apply for a license to photograph President Trixie Lamour.
- 1 day 23 hours ago: Jenesia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 5%).
- 2 days ago: Following new legislation in Jenesia, an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents.
- 2 days 6 hours ago: Jenesia approved the World Assembly proposal "Code of Maritime Law".
- 2 days 6 hours ago: Jenesia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Responsible Armaments Trading".
Endorsements Received: 134 » Short shorts, Sybaritic Socialists, Kureimoa, Alsted, Malacovia, Marmiedon, Voxum Mortalum, Capricania, Dauershire, Tigyland, Eurosceptic Citizens, Chiolena, Ascara, Stromia, Linkisheer, Mushrenia, Venetoland, Saconian, Kroinengin, Nou Occitania, Puerto Thelosia, South Cowland, Lexembourg, Hamstery, Multatuli, Grasaland, The City-State of Vienna, Kaiserusse, Fenian Provinces, Beauvoir, Shadeius, Saint Matthew, The Armed Socialist Workers Syndicate, Brainworld, Paxderius, Ivernia, Castanos, Marmotien, Indulgence and Ecstasy, Toongoosia, Veeten Engines, Gr4nd3nia, Pileusia, Outer Prussia, Echo von Cotta, Soviet Shlyapy, The Seven Provinces, Erasmus Kingdom, Kirito, Franco-Korean Empire, and 84 others.Nova Prutenia, Albertinum, Viertes German Reich, Vest Franksland, Silberia, Amors Baller, Weltbeherrschung, Dark_Warchief, Valrem, Drenetharada, Mameluco, Glatonia, Nuweland, Wienaa, Scorjthaal, Iconoclastica, SiverDawn, The Neural Zone Armed Fraktion, Faery Land, Greater Konigsberg, Bering, The Fair Republic, The P, Bylantia, Nukls-Andwicz, Butale, Science-Oriented Scots, Empire og Kirgizia, Santamio, Foucaults garden, Austerene, Mirilius, Roman Provinces, Pesaro and Urbino, Temple Republic, Domanouq, Monkecia, Each-Uisge, Ulpia Noviomagus Batavorum, Dillah, Welsh Valley, Vestrland, Novo Portugal, Temistocles, An Clar, Novus Edenis, Aragon-Francho, Lieges, New Hellenic, Vanbrugh, Monance, Ahernia, Fife Council, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, French Canadia, Keris, Carstvo, Melfar, Slouzie, Lothairia, Stato Mentale di Monza e Brianza II, Freier, Plaville, Psychadelic Wonderland, Esterbourne, Ecclestia, Giuseppe Verdi, Leerangegla, The Alliance of Provinces, Bohamian Empire, Jovan Balac, The Empire of Great Britain and America, Tuadhmhumhain, Golnikov, Naraevia, Ellan Vannin, Great British Isles and Ireland, Zeckland, Bobaslovakistan, Turukelia, Rusinmaa, Menukten, Moldavians People, and The burntland.