The Free Republic of Jellydom is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, notable for its museums and concert halls, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and daily referendums. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 18.97 billion Jellydomians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Jellydominum. The income tax rate is 100%.
The large but stagnant Jellydomian economy, worth 506 trillion fruits a year, is driven entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 26,681 fruits, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Coalition governments are essential to passing new laws, murder rates are on the rise as the popularity of soylent products grows, the national guard is mobilized whenever a mother gets separated from her child at the mall, and the new Refuse Hills housing development is under construction. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Jellydom's national animal is the mongoose, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Jellydom fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Godforsaken.
- : Jellydom proposed constructing embassies between United Front and The Allied States.
- : Jellydom voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Wallenburg".
- : Jellydom voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Wallenburg".
- : Jellydom voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Read the Resolution Act"".
- : Jellydom was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Income Equality (last census: Top 5%).
- : Jellydom voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Kknight".
- : Jellydom's influence in United Front fell from "Superpower" to "Power".
- : Jellydom voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Minimum Standard of Living Act".
- : Jellydom voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Debris Prevention"".
Endorsements Received: None.