The Free Republic of Jellydom is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls, national health service, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 19.406 billion Jellydomians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Jellydominum. The income tax rate is 100%.
The large but stagnant Jellydomian economy, worth 517 trillion fruits a year, is driven entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 26,681 fruits, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Coalition governments are essential to passing new laws, murder rates are on the rise as the popularity of soylent products grows, the national guard is mobilized whenever a mother gets separated from her child at the mall, and the new Refuse Hills housing development is under construction. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Jellydom's national animal is the mongoose, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Jellydom's influence in United Front rose from "Powerbroker" to "Power".
- : Jellydom's influence in United Front rose from "Enforcer" to "Powerbroker".
- : Jellydom's influence in United Front rose from "Dealmaker" to "Enforcer".
- : Jellydom's influence in United Front rose from "Contender" to "Dealmaker".
- : Jellydom's influence in United Front rose from "Ambassador" to "Contender".
- : Jellydom's influence in United Front rose from "Handshaker" to "Ambassador".
- : Jellydom's influence in United Front rose from "Zero" to "Handshaker".
- : Jellydom relocated from Lazarus to United Front.
- : Jellydom was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Jellydom ceased to exist.