The Free Republic of Jellydom is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, renowned for its complete lack of prisons, hatred of cheese, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 18.72 billion Jellydomians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Jellydominum. The income tax rate is 100%.
The large but stagnant Jellydomian economy, worth 499 trillion fruits a year, is driven entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 26,669 fruits, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Coalition governments are essential to passing new laws, murder rates are on the rise as the popularity of soylent products grows, the national guard is mobilized whenever a mother gets separated from her child at the mall, and the new Refuse Hills housing development is under construction. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Jellydom's national animal is the mongoose, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Jellydom is ranked 7th in United Front and 129,582nd in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring -466 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Jellydom voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Military Freedom Act"".
- : Jellydom withdrew its vote on the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Military Freedom Act"".
- : Jellydom voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Military Freedom Act"".
- : Jellydom was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Devout.
- : Jellydom voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Living Wage Act"".
- : Jellydom agreed to construct embassies between United Front and Iura Pecunia et libertas.
- : Jellydom lodged a message on the United Front Regional Message Board.
- : Jellydom updated the World Factbook entry in United Front.
- : Jellydom allowed WA Delegate access to Regional Control in United Front.
- : Jellydom composed a new Welcome Telegram for United Front.
Endorsements Received: None.