“Everybody needs toucan stubs.”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Most Serene Republic of Jehu is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Leader with a fair hand, and renowned for its complete lack of prisons. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 1.787 billion are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whoever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Jehu City. The average income tax rate is 49%, but much higher for the wealthy. A healthy private sector is led by the Book Publishing industry, followed by Soda Sales and Furniture Restoration.
A niche industry catering to S&M enthusiasts has sprung up, a typical fast food menu item could serve a small army, the government is rounding up computers and beating them into plowshares, and consuming ecstasy is a common rite of passage. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown. Jehu's national animal is the Nihon Kamoshika, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Love.
Most Recent Government Activity: 21 days ago
- 10 days ago: Jehu was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Happiest Citizens.
- 10 days ago: Jehu was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Happiest Citizens.
- 21 days ago: Jehu was refounded in Osiris.
- 97 days ago: Jehu ceased to exist.
- 102 days ago: Jehu fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- 124 days ago: Jehu was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- 124 days ago: Jehu was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- 125 days ago: Following new legislation in Jehu, consuming ecstasy is a common rite of passage.
- 125 days ago: Following new legislation in Jehu, the government is rounding up computers and beating them into plowshares.
- 128 days ago: Jehu fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Publishing Industry.