“Cessante ratione legis cessat ipsa lex”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Powerbroker
Location: The Coalition Of Sovereign Nations
The Seven Kingdoms of Jedizora is a massive, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its ban on automobiles. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 3.779 billion are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whoever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, the Environment, and Social Equality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kings Landing. The average income tax rate is 87%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The people are famous throughout the region for their bleached-white teeth, riots have broken out as a water shortage threatens Jedizora's stability, administrative districts are increasingly defined by their taste in housing architecture, and noises louder than a whisper have been prohibited by law. Crime is relatively low, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Jedizora's national animal is the Stag, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is The Worship of R'hllor, and its currency is the Ruppee.
Most Recent Government Activity: 14 days ago
- 1 day 8 hours ago: Jedizora was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather.
- 6 days ago: Jedizora's influence in The Coalition Of Sovereign Nations fell from "Power" to "Powerbroker".
- 9 days ago: Jedizora fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Politically Free.
- 13 days ago: Jedizora was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments (last census: Top 10%).
- 13 days ago: Jedizora was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- 13 days ago: Jedizora seized the position of The Coalition Of Sovereign Nations WA Delegate from The United States of Italian-American Democratic Nation.
- 15 days ago: Jedizora lost the position of The Coalition Of Sovereign Nations WA Delegate to The United States of Italian-American Democratic Nation.
- 17 days ago: Jedizora was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Healthiest Citizens.
- 18 days ago: Jedizora became WA Delegate of The Coalition Of Sovereign Nations.
- 18 days ago: Following new legislation in Jedizora, noises louder than a whisper have been prohibited by law.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Yiu-Jiang Fe.