The New Iron State of Jarodl is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Sanctum of National Harmony with an iron fist, and renowned for its public floggings, parental licensing program, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 12.735 billion Iron citizens are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The tiny, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Silversun. The average income tax rate is 4.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Jarodlian economy, worth a remarkable 2,068 trillion Arans a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Arms Manufacturing, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is notable. Average income is an impressive 162,440 Arans, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.2 times as much as the poorest.
Disadvantaged neighbourhoods have become no-go areas after sundown, tardiness has increased after carpooling was classified as a criminal offense, tourists flock to see the giant stone carvings of Jarodl's historical leaders at Mount Rushless, and the leaders of Jarodl are given the nod by their predecessors. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Jarodl's national animal is the panda, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Tuba the Iron.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Jarodl's influence in Canada rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : Jarodl relocated from Lazarus to Canada.
- : Jarodl was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Jarodl ceased to exist.
- : Jarodl was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Average Incomes and the Top 10% for Most Advanced Defense Forces.
- : Jarodl was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- : Jarodl was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : Following new legislation in Jarodl, the leaders of Jarodl are given the nod by their predecessors.
- : Following new legislation in Jarodl, tourists flock to see the giant stone carvings of Jarodl's historical leaders at Mount Rushless.
- : Following new legislation in Jarodl, tardiness has increased after carpooling was classified as a criminal offense.