The New Iron State of Jarodl is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Sanctum of National Harmony with an iron fist, and notable for its frequent executions, anti-smoking policies, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 11.172 billion Iron citizens are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The tiny, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Silversun. The average income tax rate is 4.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Jarodlian economy, worth a remarkable 1,794 trillion Arans a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Arms Manufacturing, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 160,580 Arans, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
Foreign planes and migratory birds are shot down as spies, even doll houses and dog kennels have to be able to withstand rigorous earthquake testing, the nation is now proudly cholera-free, and criminals are thrown to the pandas to repay their debt to society. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Jarodl's national animal is the panda, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Tuba the Iron.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Jarodl was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Authoritarian.
- : Jarodl's influence in Canada rose from "Zero" to "Newcomer".
- : Jarodl relocated from Balder to Canada.
- : Jarodl was refounded in Balder.
- : Jarodl ceased to exist.
- : Jarodl fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Insurance Industry.
- : Jarodl fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Corrupt Governments.
- : Jarodl was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- : Jarodl fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- : Jarodl was struck by a Cure Missile from The Kingdom of New Bristolbury, curing 1 million infected.