“We'll Live On Forever”
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Unending Realm of Janusabia is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by His Divine Lamington with an iron fist, and remarkable for its irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 18.817 billion, 18.141 billion of whom are zombies, Janusabians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is effectively ruled by the Department of Law & Order, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Social Welfare receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Passionfanda. The average income tax rate is 77%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Military service is compulsory, marijuana is legal in the privacy of your own home, graffiti graces every city's streets, and underground copulation clubs have sprung up in major cities. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Janusabia's national animal is the Cookieline, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is ailurism, and its currency is the Caramel.
Janusabia is currently considering its options.
Survival Rate: 2.71%
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 8 hours ago
- 3 days 4 hours ago: Following new legislation in Janusabia, underground copulation clubs have sprung up in major cities.
- 3 days 4 hours ago: Following new legislation in Janusabia, graffiti graces every city's streets.
- 3 days 4 hours ago: Following new legislation in Janusabia, marijuana is legal in the privacy of your own home.
- 3 days 4 hours ago: Following new legislation in Janusabia, military service is compulsory.
- 3 days 4 hours ago: Following new legislation in Janusabia, all artwork is carefully screened for offensive material.
- 17 days ago: Janusabia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Corrupt Governments.
- 22 days ago: Janusabia was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Healthiest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 27 days ago: Janusabia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Corrupt Governments (last census: Top 5%).
- 30 days ago: Following new legislation in Janusabia, guns are banned.
- 30 days ago: Following new legislation in Janusabia, citizens are encouraged to report friends, family members or co-workers who seem depressed to the government for "counselling".