The Unending Realm of Janusabia is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by His Divine Lamington with an iron fist, and notable for its lack of airports, anti-smoking policies, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 25.845 billion Janusabians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, well-organized government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is dominated by the Department of Law & Order, although Education, Healthcare, and Public Transport are also considered important, while Spirituality and Welfare are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Passionfanda. The average income tax rate is 92.1%.
The large but stagnant Janusabian economy, worth 181 trillion Caramels a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Uranium Mining industry. Average income is 7,015 Caramels, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.1 times as much as the poorest.
Students are wary of colorfully decorated new teachers with names like Professor Pipsqueak, the nation's leader appoints ministers directly, travel bureaus double as recruiting centers for national intelligence agencies, and gambling is outlawed. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Janusabia's national animal is the Cookieline, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is ailurism.
Janusabia is ranked 3,819th in Lazarus and 142,220th in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring -128 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity: 14 days ago
- 5 days ago: Janusabia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Mining Sector.
- 7 days ago: Janusabia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 13 days ago: Janusabia was reclassified from "Father Knows Best State" to "Corrupt Dictatorship".
- 13 days ago: Following new legislation in Janusabia, gambling is outlawed.
- 13 days ago: Following new legislation in Janusabia, travel bureaus double as recruiting centers for national intelligence agencies.
- 13 days ago: Following new legislation in Janusabia, the nation's leader appoints ministers directly.
- 13 days ago: Following new legislation in Janusabia, students are wary of colorfully decorated new teachers with names like Professor Pipsqueak.
- 13 days ago: Following new legislation in Janusabia, minor parties are virtually absent in Parliament.
- 18 days ago: Janusabia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Smartest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 43 days ago: Following new legislation in Janusabia, once-popular honeymoon destinations have become ghosts towns due to a lack of visitors.