The Queen's State of Janice Mac is a colossal, efficient nation, remarkable for its complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 9.774 billion Janice Macians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The minute, outspoken government, or what there is of one, prioritizes Education, although Industry is also considered important, while Welfare and Spirituality are ignored. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 6.9%.
The very strong Janice Macian economy, worth 362 trillion betales a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is led by the Uranium Mining industry, with significant contributions from Door-to-door Insurance Sales, Soda Sales, and Book Publishing. Average income is 37,137 betales, with the richest citizens earning 7.5 times as much as the poorest.
Gambling is outlawed, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, military funding has been stripped back, and the government is avowedly atheist. Crime is a serious problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. Janice Mac's national animal is the deer, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Janice Mac was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Free.
- : Janice Mac's influence in Ancient Lands rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Janice Mac's influence in Ancient Lands rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Janice Mac's influence in Ancient Lands rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Janice Mac's influence in Ancient Lands rose from "Zero" to "Newcomer".
- : Janice Mac relocated from Brazzaville to Ancient Lands.
- : Janice Mac was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Crime Rates.
- : Janice Mac was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Mining Sector.
- : Janice Mac's influence in Brazzaville rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Janice Mac's influence in Brazzaville rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".