“For What It Should Be”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Queen's State of Janice Mac is a massive, socially progressive nation, notable for its complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 3.978 billion, 3.883 billion of whom are zombies, Janice Macians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded individuals juggles the competing demands of Education, Commerce, and Law & Order. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 3%. A healthy private sector is led by the Uranium Mining industry, followed by Trout Farming and Door-to-door Insurance Sales.
Gambling is outlawed, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, military funding has been stripped back, and the government is avowedly atheist. Crime is a major problem, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Janice Mac's national animal is the deer, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities, and its currency is the betale.
Janice Mac is currently researching a cure.
Survival Rate: 1.47%
Most Recent Government Activity: 10 hours ago
- 28 days ago: Janice Mac was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 62 days ago: Janice Mac was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- 112 days ago: Janice Mac changed its national animal to "deer", its currency to "betale", and its nation type to "Queen's State".
- 125 days ago: Janice Mac was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Pacifist.
- 126 days ago: Janice Mac was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Godforsaken.
- 140 days ago: Janice Mac was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Mining Sector.
- 149 days ago: Janice Mac changed its national nation type to "State".
- 149 days ago: Janice Mac altered its national flag.
- 149 days ago: Janice Mac relocated from Lazarus to Japvia.
- 149 days ago: Janice Mac was refounded in Lazarus.