“For What It Should Be”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Queen's State of Janice Mac is a colossal, economically powerful nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 6.006 billion Janice Macians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded individuals juggles the competing demands of Education, Commerce, and Law & Order. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 3%. A healthy private sector is led by the Uranium Mining industry, followed by Trout Farming and Door-to-door Insurance Sales.
Gambling is outlawed, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, military funding has been stripped back, and the government is avowedly atheist. Crime is a major problem, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Janice Mac's national animal is the deer, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities, and its currency is the betale.
Most Recent Government Activity: 41 days ago
- 41 days ago: Janice Mac changed its national animal to "deer", its currency to "betale", and its nation type to "Queen's State".
- 54 days ago: Janice Mac was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Pacifist.
- 55 days ago: Janice Mac was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Godforsaken.
- 69 days ago: Janice Mac was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Mining Sector.
- 78 days ago: Janice Mac changed its national nation type to "State".
- 78 days ago: Janice Mac altered its national flag.
- 78 days ago: Janice Mac relocated from Lazarus to Japvia.
- 78 days ago: Janice Mac was refounded in Lazarus.
- 357 days ago: Janice Mac ceased to exist.
- 361 days ago: Janice Mac was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.