“Let it go!”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The Ice Queen of Jamie Anumia is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Jamie Anumia with a fair hand, and remarkable for its punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, intelligent population of 5.785 billion Jamie Anumians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, the Environment, and Social Equality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Jamie City. The average income tax rate is 98%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The national guard is mobilized whenever a mother gets separated from her child at the mall, national parks have long lines of different gender-specific 'Porta-Pottys', birth rates have hit an all-time low, and 'Abstinence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder' is a common school motto. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is moderate, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Jamie Anumia's national animal is the Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Paganism, and its currency is the Currency.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 hours ago
- 3 days 21 hours ago: Jamie Anumia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Populations.
- 8 days ago: Jamie Anumia fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Developed.
- 8 days ago: Jamie Anumia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Developed.
- 9 days ago: Jamie Anumia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Politically Free.
- 10 days ago: Jamie Anumia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Best Weather.
- 13 days ago: Jamie Anumia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- 16 days ago: Jamie Anumia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Healthiest Citizens.
- 17 days ago: Following new legislation in Jamie Anumia, 'Abstinence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder' is a common school motto.
- 17 days ago: Following new legislation in Jamie Anumia, birth rates have hit an all-time low.
- 18 days ago: Jamie Anumia relocated from Balder to The North Pacific.