“Let it go!”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: the Rejected Realms
The Ice Queen of Jamie Anumia is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Jamie Anumia with a fair hand, and notable for its restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, intelligent population of 5.326 billion Jamie Anumians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, the Environment, and Social Equality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Jamie City. The average income tax rate is 98%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
An increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents, mandatory electronic currency is a boon for credit card companies and government surveillance, the national guard is mobilized whenever a mother gets separated from her child at the mall, and national parks have long lines of different gender-specific 'Porta-Pottys'. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is moderate, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Jamie Anumia's national animal is the Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Paganism, and its currency is the Currency.
Most Recent Government Activity: 9 days ago
- 6 days ago: Jamie Anumia was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments.
- 8 days ago: Jamie Anumia was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Best Weather.
- 9 days ago: Jamie Anumia lodged a message on the The Rejected Realms Regional Message Board.
- 10 days ago: Jamie Anumia fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Influential.
- 10 days ago: Jamie Anumia fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most Influential.
- 16 days ago: Jamie Anumia applied to join the World Assembly.
- 16 days ago: Jamie Anumia resigned from the World Assembly.
- 19 days ago: Jamie Anumia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 21 days ago: Jamie Anumia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 26 days ago: Jamie Anumia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs (last census: Top 1%).