The Cadillac on Rims of Jamaalea is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Carl with a fair hand, and remarkable for its public floggings, daily referendums, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 9.95 billion Jamaaleans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Reno. The average income tax rate is 49.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Jamaalean economy, worth 824 trillion Vehicles a year, is quite specialized and led by the Soda Sales industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is 82,864 Vehicles, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.4 times as much as the poorest.
Invasive species are hunted by the gendarmerie, muscular women are banned from competing in sporting competitions, teams of painters are converting road signs from horse lengths to kilometers, and politicians have to be granted day-release from prison to speak on bills. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive. Jamaalea's national animal is the Giraffe, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Jamaalea's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Jamaalea's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Jamaalea's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Jamaalea was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Rudest Citizens, Largest Black Market, Highest Crime Rates, Largest Soda Pop Sector, and Most Avoided.
- : Jamaalea's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Jamaalea was refounded in Balder.
- : Jamaalea ceased to exist.
- : Jamaalea fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Jamaalea was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Avoided.
- : Jamaalea was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Rebellious Youth.