“Ut nos, ut moriamur.”
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Power
Location: Global Powers
The Grand Empire of Jagalonia is a colossal, devout nation, ruled by Maximillian Crexus with an iron fist, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 9.298 billion Jagalonians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, moralistic government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Avalon. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 68%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Information Technology and Uranium Mining.
Animal Liberationists are regularly jailed, the populace lives in fear of painful execution for minor offences, a large percentage of the poor live from cradle to grave in subterranean wage slavery, and torture is commonly used to extract information from suspected criminals. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Jagalonia's national animal is the eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, its national religion is Global Megacorp, and its currency is the marc.
Most Recent Government Activity: 14 days ago
- 5 days ago: Jagalonia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Authoritarian.
- 10 days ago: Jagalonia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- 14 days ago: Jagalonia fell out of the world Top 10% for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- 24 days ago: Jagalonia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extreme (last census: Top 5%).
- 26 days ago: Jagalonia was reclassified from "Corporate Police State" to "Iron Fist Consumerists".
- 50 days ago: Jagalonia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- 61 days ago: Jagalonia's influence in Global Powers rose from "Powerbroker" to "Power".
- 65 days ago: Jagalonia fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Authoritarian.
- 73 days ago: Jagalonia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Retail Industry.
- 87 days ago: Jagalonia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Authoritarian.
Endorsements Received: None.