“Ut nos, ut moriamur.”
|Category: Corporate Police State|
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
Location: Global Powers
The Grand Empire of Jagalonia is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Titan Corp with an iron fist, and remarkable for its complete absence of social welfare. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 8.04 billion are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, moralistic, pro-business government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Avalon. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 55%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Information Technology and Uranium Mining.
Fewer people are bathing as citizens must show ration stamps before they can turn on their faucets, nudity is frowned upon, builders spend more time negotiating "tasteful architecture" than on actual construction, and one-stop superstores divide and conquer family businesses. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Jagalonia's national animal is the eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is Global Megacorp, and its currency is the marc.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 hours ago
- 11 hours ago: Jagalonia was reclassified from "Iron Fist Consumerists" to "Corporate Police State".
- 11 hours ago: Following new legislation in Jagalonia, one-stop superstores divide and conquer family businesses.
- 15 hours ago: Jagalonia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Anarchy".
- 23 hours ago: Following new legislation in Jagalonia, builders spend more time negotiating "tasteful architecture" than on actual construction.
- 2 days 8 hours ago: Jagalonia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Responsible Armaments Trading".
- 2 days 10 hours ago: Jagalonia fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Extreme.
- 4 days ago: Jagalonia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Armed.
- 4 days ago: Jagalonia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate St Abbaddon".
- 5 days ago: Jagalonia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector (last census: Top 1%).
- 6 days ago: Jagalonia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Cultural Site Preservation".
Endorsements Received: 1 » United States of Indonesia.