“Ut nos, ut moriamur.”
|Category: Corporate Police State|
Regional Influence: Powerbroker
Location: Global Powers
The Grand Empire of Jagalonia is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by Maximillian Crexus with an iron fist, and notable for its punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 8.869 billion Jagalonians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, moralistic government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Avalon. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 67%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Information Technology and Uranium Mining.
Animal Liberationists are regularly jailed, the populace lives in fear of painful execution for minor offences, a large percentage of the poor live from cradle to grave in subterranean wage slavery, and torture is commonly used to extract information from suspected criminals. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Jagalonia's national animal is the eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, its national religion is Global Megacorp, and its currency is the marc.
Most Recent Government Activity: 25 days ago
- 3 days ago: Jagalonia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Retail Industry.
- 16 days ago: Jagalonia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Authoritarian.
- 21 days ago: Jagalonia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- 22 days ago: Jagalonia fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Influential.
- 24 days ago: Jagalonia's influence in Global Powers rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".
- 26 days ago: Jagalonia's influence in Global Powers fell from "Powerbroker" to "Eminence Grise".
- 27 days ago: Jagalonia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Defense Forces.
- 30 days ago: Jagalonia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Devout.
- 35 days ago: Jagalonia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extreme.
- 45 days ago: Jagalonia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Conservative.
Endorsements Received: None.