“Ut nos, ut moriamur.”
|Category: Corporate Police State|
Regional Influence: Envoy
Location: Global Powers
The Grand Empire of Jagalonia is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Titan Corp with an iron fist, and notable for its parental licensing program. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 7.499 billion are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, moralistic, pro-business government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Avalon. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 54%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Information Technology and Uranium Mining.
Mining is the nation's most dangerous occupation, corporate 'hostile takeovers' now involve ICBMs and main battle tanks, fewer people are bathing as citizens must show ration stamps before they can turn on their faucets, and nudity is frowned upon. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Jagalonia's national animal is the eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is Global Megacorp, and its currency is the marc.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 hours ago
- 9 hours ago: Jagalonia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Right to Adequate Shelter".
- 21 hours ago: Jagalonia's influence in Global Powers rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- 1 day 20 hours ago: Jagalonia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Retail Industry (last census: Top 1%).
- 1 day 20 hours ago: Jagalonia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Retail Industry.
- 2 days 9 hours ago: Jagalonia lodged a message on the Global Powers Regional Message Board.
- 2 days 20 hours ago: Jagalonia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Fattest Citizens.
- 3 days 20 hours ago: Jagalonia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 4 days ago: Jagalonia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Cultural Heritage Protection"".
- 5 days ago: Jagalonia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend The Bruce".
- 6 days ago: Jagalonia's influence in Global Powers rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
Endorsements Received: 1 » United States of Indonesia.