The Grand Empire of Jagalonia is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by Maximillian Crexus with an iron fist, and notable for its keen interest in outer space, flagrant waste-dumping, and complete lack of public education. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 11.314 billion Jagalonians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The tiny, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Avalon. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 1.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Jagalonian economy, worth a remarkable 2,837 trillion marcs a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Gambling. Black market activity is notable. Average income is an amazing 250,812 marcs, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 799,016 per year while the poor average 59,895, a ratio of 13.3 to 1.
Political activists are routinely executed, reporters sent to cover suspected UFO visits come back with stories about quilting bees, Jagalonia's nuclear reactors are held together with party string and Hubba Bubba, and the commercialisation of highly deadly weapons has instilled Jagalonia with a very polite populace. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force. Jagalonia's national animal is the eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Global Megacorp.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Jagalonia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Stupidest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- : Jagalonia fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Influential.
- : Jagalonia fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Pro-Market.
- : Jagalonia fell out of the world Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Jagalonia fell out of the world Top 5% for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- : Jagalonia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Pro-Market.
- : Jagalonia fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Armed.
- : Jagalonia lost WA Delegate status in Global Powers.
- : Jagalonia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Responsible Arms Trading"".
- : Jagalonia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
Endorsements Received: None.