The Grand Empire of Jagalonia is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Maximillian Crexus with an iron fist, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, smutty television, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 10.749 billion Jagalonians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The tiny, corrupt, moralistic, pro-business, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Avalon. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Jagalonian economy, worth a remarkable 2,657 trillion marcs a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Gambling. Average income is an amazing 247,243 marcs, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 918,921 per year while the poor average 46,742, a ratio of 19.7 to 1.
Political activists are routinely executed, reporters sent to cover suspected UFO visits come back with stories about quilting bees, Jagalonia's nuclear reactors are held together with party string and Hubba Bubba, and the commercialisation of highly deadly weapons has instilled Jagalonia with a very polite populace. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force. Jagalonia's national animal is the eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Global Megacorp.
Most Recent Government Activity: 9 days ago
- 11 days ago: Jagalonia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Pro-Market.
- 14 days ago: Jagalonia fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Armed.
- 19 days ago: Jagalonia lost WA Delegate status in Global Powers.
- 19 days ago: Jagalonia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Responsible Arms Trading"".
- 20 days ago: Jagalonia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- 33 days ago: Jagalonia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Safest.
- 40 days ago: Jagalonia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- 51 days ago: Jagalonia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Rudest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 73 days ago: Jagalonia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- 85 days ago: Jagalonia fell out of the world Top 5% for Largest Publishing Industry.
Endorsements Received: None.