The Eastern Hegemony of Jade Confederacy is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Polemarch Han Tzu II with an even hand, and notable for its anti-smoking policies, daily referendums, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 14.87 billion Jade Confederacyians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The minute government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Viridia. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Jade Confederacyian economy, worth a remarkable 3,645 trillion Confederate Credits a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Automobile Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an amazing 245,189 Confederate Credits, with the richest citizens earning 8.7 times as much as the poorest.
Government-run screening operations remove embryos with severe genetic disorders, politicians have to be granted day-release from prison to speak on bills, the Jade Confederacy Mental Asylum Party have recently won seats in parliament, and police conduct weekly raids looking for contraband cheeseburgers. Crime, especially youth-related, is moderate, probably because of the absence of a police force. Jade Confederacy's national animal is the Emerald Falcon, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Neo Taosim.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Jade Confederacy's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Jade Confederacy's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Jade Confederacy was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Mining Sector.
- : Jade Confederacy was refounded in Osiris.
- : Jade Confederacy ceased to exist.
- : Jade Confederacy was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Economic Output and the Top 10% for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- : Jade Confederacy was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Jade Confederacy altered its national flag.
- : Jade Confederacy was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- : Jade Confederacy was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Economic Output.