The Queen's State of J E Marlowe is a colossal, socially progressive nation, notable for its complete lack of public education, absence of drug laws, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 9.439 billion J E Marloweans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The minute, liberal, outspoken government, or what there is of one, is solely concerned with Industry. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 5.7%.
The very strong J E Marlowean economy, worth 386 trillion betales a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is 40,943 betales, with the richest citizens earning 7.5 times as much as the poorest.
Voting is voluntary, nudity is frowned upon, gambling is outlawed, and the streets are increasingly clogged with poverty-stricken beggars. Crime is a serious problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. J E Marlowe's national animal is the deer, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : J E Marlowe's influence in Ancient Lands rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : J E Marlowe's influence in Ancient Lands rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : J E Marlowe's influence in Ancient Lands rose from "Zero" to "Newcomer".
- : J E Marlowe relocated from Brazzaville to Ancient Lands.
- : J E Marlowe was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Crime Rates.
- : J E Marlowe's influence in Brazzaville rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : J E Marlowe's influence in Brazzaville rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : J E Marlowe relocated from Galapagos to Brazzaville.
- : J E Marlowe's influence in Galapagos rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : J E Marlowe was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Politically Free and the Top 5% for Rudest Citizens, Largest Furniture Restoration Industry, Highest Crime Rates, and Most Extensive Civil Rights.