|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Dominion of J E Marlowe is a colossal, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 5.402 billion hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, liberal individuals juggles the competing demands of Commerce, Healthcare, and Social Welfare. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 5%. A robust private sector is led by the Beef-Based Agriculture, Uranium Mining, and Information Technology industries.
Voting is voluntary, nudity is frowned upon, gambling is outlawed, and the streets are increasingly clogged with poverty-stricken beggars. Crime is pervasive, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. J E Marlowe's national animal is the eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 59 days ago
- 2 days 18 hours ago: J E Marlowe was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Mining Sector.
- 8 days ago: J E Marlowe was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Politically Free.
- 26 days ago: J E Marlowe was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Stupidest Citizens.
- 28 days ago: J E Marlowe was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- 59 days ago: J E Marlowe relocated from Balder to Banuhal.
- 59 days ago: J E Marlowe was refounded.
- 110 days ago: J E Marlowe ceased to exist.
- 164 days ago: J E Marlowe fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Mining Sector.
- 171 days ago: J E Marlowe relocated from Togo to Galapagos.
- 171 days ago: J E Marlowe relocated from Galapagos to Togo.