“Caliph instead of the Caliph”
|Category: Corporate Police State|
Regional Influence: Contender
The Caliphate of Iznogoud is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Caliph with an iron fist, and renowned for its prohibition of alcohol. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 23.358 billion are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, corrupt, pro-business individuals is effectively ruled by the Department of Defence, with areas such as Social Equality and the Environment receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Baghdad. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Uranium Mining industry.
Surrealist houses shaped like mushrooms and volcanoes dominate the wealthiest neighborhoods, organ donation is compulsory, the national Police Academies have dedicated infant wings, and there are no minimum wage laws. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Iznogoud's national animal is the camel, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is a major religion, and its currency is the dinar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 17 days ago
- 1 day 6 hours ago: Iznogoud was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extreme.
- 1 day 6 hours ago: Iznogoud was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Extreme (last census: Top 10%).
- 2 days 19 hours ago: Iznogoud's influence in Scandinavia fell from "Eminence Grise" to "Contender".
- 3 days 9 hours ago: Iznogoud lost the endorsement of The Earldom of Haalogaland.
- 4 days ago: Iznogoud was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 17 days ago: Following new legislation in Iznogoud, there are no minimum wage laws.
- 20 days ago: Iznogoud was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 25 days ago: Following new legislation in Iznogoud, the national Police Academies have dedicated infant wings.
- 25 days ago: Following new legislation in Iznogoud, organ donation is compulsory.
- 25 days ago: Following new legislation in Iznogoud, surrealist houses shaped like mushrooms and volcanoes dominate the wealthiest neighborhoods.