“Caliph instead of the Caliph”
|Category: Corporate Police State|
Regional Influence: Negotiator
The Caliphate of Iznogoud is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Caliph with an iron fist, and notable for its unlimited-speed roads. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 24.355 billion Iznogoudians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, corrupt, moralistic individuals devotes most of its attentions to Defence, with areas such as Social Equality and the Environment receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Baghdad. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Uranium Mining industry.
Drug distribution is tightly controlled by the government, all news sources are under strict government control, the government's only official statement on the burning down of Baghdad was that 'they shouldn't have been so careless', and fearful citizens watch their every move as does their government. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Iznogoud's national animal is the camel, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is a major religion, and its currency is the dinar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 18 days ago
- 3 days 4 hours ago: Iznogoud was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Lowest Overall Tax Burden (last census: Top 5%).
- 6 days ago: Iznogoud was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Shortest Average Lifespan (last census: Top 10%).
- 15 days ago: Iznogoud was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Conservative (last census: Top 10%).
- 17 days ago: Iznogoud was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Devout (last census: Top 5%).
- 18 days ago: Iznogoud altered its national flag.
- 18 days ago: Iznogoud applied to join the World Assembly.
- 18 days ago: Iznogoud's influence in Scandinavia fell from "Contender" to "Negotiator".
- 22 days ago: Iznogoud was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Lowest Overall Tax Burden (last census: Top 10%).
- 24 days ago: Iznogoud was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Authoritarian.
- 28 days ago: Iznogoud relocated from Lazarus to Scandinavia.