The Caliphate of Iznogoud is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Caliph with an iron fist, and notable for its ritual sacrifices, zero percent divorce rate, and enslaved workforce. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 26.579 billion Iznogoudians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The tiny, corrupt, pro-business, well-organized government is effectively ruled by the Department of Defense, with Law & Order also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Environment receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Baghdad. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Iznogoudian economy, worth an astonishing 14,376 trillion dinars a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Information Technology, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is a breathtaking 540,915 dinars, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 2,513,002 per year while the poor average 69,969, a ratio of 35.9 to 1.
Governments opposing Iznogoud are beset by rebels, children as young as twelve are conscripted into the armed forces, the police are tightening their grip on alcohol smugglers, and the nation is proudly the least fertile in Scandinavia. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, despite the fact that it is difficult to make it through a day without breaking one of the country's many laws. Iznogoud's national animal is the camel, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is a major religion.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Iznogoud was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Fastest-Growing Economies (last census: Top 5%).
- : Iznogoud's influence in Scandinavia fell from "Negotiator" to "Auxiliary".
- : Following new legislation in Iznogoud, the nation is proudly the least fertile in Scandinavia.
- : Iznogoud fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Iznogoud, the police are tightening their grip on alcohol smugglers.
- : Following new legislation in Iznogoud, children as young as twelve are conscripted into the armed forces.
- : Following new legislation in Iznogoud, governments opposing Iznogoud are beset by rebels.
- : Iznogoud was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Basket Weaving Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- : Following new legislation in Iznogoud, tourism spikes whenever a major ship or plane is lost at sea.
- : Iznogoud was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Trout Fishing Sector (last census: Top 1%).