“Caliph instead of the Caliph”
|Category: Corporate Police State|
Regional Influence: Negotiator
The Caliphate of Iznogoud is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Caliph with an iron fist, and renowned for its avowedly heterosexual populace, anti-smoking policies, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 25.322 billion Iznogoudians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The tiny, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government is effectively ruled by the Department of Defense, although Law & Order is also considered important, while Social Policy and Environment aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Baghdad. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Iznogoudian economy, worth an astonishing 13,939 trillion dinars a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Information Technology, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is a breathtaking 550,489 dinars, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 2,407,044 per year while the poor average 79,423, a ratio of 30.3 to 1.
The government's official position on invasive species is 'who cares?', scenic mountain valleys are flooded with water as damming projects get underway, mining is the nation's most dangerous occupation, and psychological disorders are a taboo subject. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, despite the fact that it is difficult to make it through a day without breaking one of the country's many laws. Iznogoud's national animal is the camel, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is a major religion.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 days ago
- 23 hours ago: Iznogoud fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Devout.
- 23 hours ago: Iznogoud fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Devout.
- 2 days 23 hours ago: Iznogoud fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Authoritarian.
- 5 days ago: Iznogoud was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Public Sector.
- 6 days ago: Iznogoud was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Public Sector.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Iznogoud, psychological disorders are a taboo subject.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Iznogoud, mining is the nation's most dangerous occupation.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Iznogoud, scenic mountain valleys are flooded with water as damming projects get underway.
- 9 days ago: Iznogoud was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Fastest-Growing Economies (last census: Top 10%).
- 13 days ago: Iznogoud was reclassified from "Iron Fist Consumerists" to "Corporate Police State".