The Republic of Izalta is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by First Minister Dgala Noel with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and daily referendums. The compassionate, hard-working, cheerful population of 12.037 billion Izaltans enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Education, although Social Policy, Environment, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Spirituality and Defense aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Love. The average income tax rate is 65.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Izaltan economy, worth a remarkable 2,042 trillion Eross a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Cheese Exports. Average income is an impressive 169,703 Eross, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Morning coffees are no longer the same since the disappearance of newspapers, eminent domain has been abolished, chickens roam the streets freely, and tourists are forbidden to enter Native Izaltan lands. Crime is totally unknown. Izalta's national animal is the impala, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Izalta was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Smartest Citizens and the Top 10% for Most Cultured.
- : Izalta was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : Izalta was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Cheerful Citizens, Largest Cheese Export Sector, Largest Information Technology Sector, Most Pacifist, and Nicest Citizens.
- : Izalta fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- : Izalta fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Cultured.
- : Izalta was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.
- : Izalta was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- : Following new legislation in Izalta, tourists are forbidden to enter Native Izaltan lands.
- : Following new legislation in Izalta, chickens roam the streets freely.
- : Following new legislation in Izalta, eminent domain has been abolished.