The Republic of Izalta is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by First Minister Dgala Noel with an even hand, and remarkable for its rum-swilling pirates, complete lack of prisons, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, hard-working, cheerful population of 12.846 billion Izaltans enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Education, with Social Policy, Environment, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Defense receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Love. The average income tax rate is 66.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Izaltan economy, worth a remarkable 2,181 trillion Eross a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Cheese Exports. Average income is an impressive 169,783 Eross, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Debates on whether toilet seats should be left up or down are increasingly commonplace, legislators toe the party line lest the Sergeant-at-Arms decide to conduct "truncheon practice" on the backbench, elevator music has been replaced by thrash metal played at maximum volume, and government buildings are being cleansed for anything that might have racist connotations. Crime is totally unknown. Izalta's national animal is the impala, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Izalta's influence in Osiris rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Izalta's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : Izalta was refounded in Osiris.
- : Izalta ceased to exist.
- : Following new legislation in Izalta, government buildings are being cleansed for anything that might have racist connotations.
- : Izalta was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Developed.
- : Izalta was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : Izalta was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth and the Top 5% for Most Inclusive.
- : Izalta was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Average Incomes and the Top 10% for Largest Governments and Highest Workforce Participation Rate.
- : Following new legislation in Izalta, elevator music has been replaced by thrash metal played at maximum volume.