The Grand Duchy of Ivil is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Ivil1 with an even hand, and notable for its public floggings, smutty television, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 11.183 billion Ivilians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government prioritizes Defense, although Education, Healthcare, and Industry are also considered important, while Spirituality and Welfare receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of FUBAR. The average income tax rate is 28.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Ivilian economy, worth a remarkable 1,844 trillion Talents a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Tourism. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is an impressive 164,979 Talents, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
The military has forsaken terrestrial warfare, anti-government web sites are springing up, Ivil's army is full of two-metre tall super-soldiers, and tax evaders are regularly visited by agents of the Ivil Blood Tithe. Crime is totally unknown. Ivil's national animal is the Mary's cute little lamb, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ivil was endorsed by The Constitutional Kingdom of Woschia.
- : Following new legislation in Ivil, tax evaders are regularly visited by agents of the Ivil Blood Tithe.
- : Following new legislation in Ivil, Ivil's army is full of two-metre tall super-soldiers.
- : Following new legislation in Ivil, anti-government web sites are springing up.
- : Ivil was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates (last census: Top 10%).
- : Ivil was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
- : Following new legislation in Ivil, the military has forsaken terrestrial warfare.
- : Ivil was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Following new legislation in Ivil, the armed forces are locked in an expensive and bloody war abroad to stamp out possible terrorists.
- : Following new legislation in Ivil, Members of Parliament operate under a PAYE scheme.
Endorsements Received: 25 » Foucaults garden, Tigyland, Jenesia, Lexembourg, An Clar, The City-State of Vienna, Prinx, Eurosceptic Citizens, Outer Sparta, Fenian Provinces, Imperium Anglorum, Wombelland, Northern German Federation, Short shorts, Basque Dominion, Itilium, Bluegoodland, Vice Lands, Troltovia, Saint Isabel, Tuccistahn, The Nether Regions, Strajalands, Bescherelle, and Woschia.