The Official Europe Forum Rep of Ivernia is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Nuada Airgetlám with a fair hand, and notable for its anti-smoking policies, strictly enforced bedtime, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 6.134 billion Ivernians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dún Midhe. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 43.7%.
The powerhouse Ivernian economy, worth 332 trillion Órs a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Trout Farming, and Book Publishing. Average income is 54,182 Órs, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 152,946 per year while the poor average 15,365, a ratio of 10.0 to 1.
Wealthy students ride to school past mendicant dropouts, prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators, truth is often impossible to tell from fiction on the evening news, and televangelists flaunt their expensive cars when they attend charity events. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ivernia's national animal is the Golden Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is the High Church of Ivernia.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ivernia was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Vice Lands.
- : Ivernia was endorsed by The Empire of Bescherelle.
- : Ivernia endorsed The People's Republic of Troltovia.
- : Ivernia endorsed The City-State of Outer Sparta.
- : Ivernia endorsed The Republic of Polonilandia.
- : Ivernia endorsed The Grand Duchy of Lexembourg.
- : Ivernia endorsed The Democratic Empire of Imperium Anglorum.
- : Ivernia endorsed The Community of Foucaults garden.
- : Ivernia endorsed The Sister Provinces of Basque Dominion.
- : Ivernia endorsed The Democratic Republic of Jenesia.