The Official Europe Forum Rep of Ivernia is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Nuada Airgetlám with a fair hand, and notable for its anti-smoking policies, daily referendums, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 5.668 billion Ivernians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dún Midhe. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 43.3%.
The powerhouse Ivernian economy, worth 306 trillion Órs a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Trout Farming, and Book Publishing. Average income is 54,113 Órs, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 152,751 per year while the poor average 15,345, a ratio of 10.0 to 1.
Wealthy students ride to school past mendicant dropouts, prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators, truth is often impossible to tell from fiction on the evening news, and televangelists flaunt their expensive cars when they attend charity events. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ivernia's national animal is the Golden Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is the High Church of Ivernia.
Most Recent Government Activity: 16 days ago
- 23 days ago: Ivernia lodged a message on the Europe Regional Message Board.
- 30 days ago: Ivernia lodged a message on the Europe Regional Message Board.
- 31 days ago: Ivernia changed its national capital to "Dún Midhe" and its leader to "Nuada Airgetlám".
- 33 days ago: Ivernia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 10%).
- 36 days ago: Ivernia fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 37 days ago: Ivernia altered its national flag.
- 37 days ago: Ivernia applied to join the World Assembly.
- 43 days ago: Ivernia relocated from Balder to Europe.
- 43 days ago: Ivernia was refounded in Balder.
- 91 days ago: Ivernia ceased to exist.