The Official Europe Forum Rep of Ivernia is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Pádraig Mac Aodha with a fair hand, and notable for its daily referendums, keen interest in outer space, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 5.429 billion Ivernians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Alderburgh. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 43.3%.
The powerhouse Ivernian economy, worth 293 trillion Órs a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Trout Farming, and Book Publishing. Average income is 54,113 Órs, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 152,751 per year while the poor average 15,345, a ratio of 10.0 to 1.
Wealthy students ride to school past mendicant dropouts, prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators, truth is often impossible to tell from fiction on the evening news, and televangelists flaunt their expensive cars when they attend charity events. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ivernia's national animal is the Golden Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is the High Church of Ivernia.
Ivernia is ranked 151st in Europe and 25,270th in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring 137 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 days ago
- 4 days ago: Ivernia relocated from Balder to Europe.
- 4 days ago: Ivernia was refounded in Balder.
- 52 days ago: Ivernia ceased to exist.
- 83 days ago: Ivernia lodged a message on the Europe Regional Message Board.
- 110 days ago: Ivernia altered its national flag.
- 110 days ago: Ivernia lodged a message on the Europe Regional Message Board.
- 110 days ago: Ivernia relocated from Balder to Europe.
- 110 days ago: Ivernia was refounded in Balder.
- 111 days ago: Ivernia ceased to exist.
- 118 days ago: Ivernia's influence in Europe rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".