“Welcome to Europe! Join us on the offsite RP forum!”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Vassal
The Official Europe Forum Rep of Ivernia is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Pádraig Mac Aodha with a fair hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies. The compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 4.722 billion Ivernians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Alderburgh. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 41%. A small but healthy private sector is dominated by the Tourism industry.
Wealthy students ride to school past mendicant dropouts, prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators, truth is often impossible to tell from fiction on the evening news, and televangelists flaunt their expensive cars when they attend charity events. Crime is well under control, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ivernia's national animal is the Golden Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, its national religion is the High Church of Ivernia, and its currency is the Ór.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 18 hours ago
- 2 days 18 hours ago: Ivernia relocated from Lazarus to Europe.
- 2 days 18 hours ago: Ivernia was refounded in Lazarus.
- 51 days ago: Ivernia ceased to exist.
- 51 days ago: Ivernia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Free.
- 52 days ago: Ivernia was endorsed by The Satanic Empire of Daircoill.
- 53 days ago: Ivernia was endorsed by The Commonwealth of IB kingdom.
- 59 days ago: Ivernia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments (last census: Top 5%).
- 61 days ago: Ivernia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 5%).
- 80 days ago: Ivernia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- 83 days ago: Ivernia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Influential (last census: Top 10%).