|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Negotiator
Location: Ideology Testing Inc
The Oppressed Peoples of ITI N Nasty is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by Darth Nasty with an iron fist, and renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, ban on automobiles, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 14.896 billion ITI N Nastyians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The enormous, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Spirituality. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Desperation. The average income tax rate is 99.6%.
The strong ITI N Nastyian economy, worth a remarkable 4,240 trillion meticals a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, highly specialized black market in Arms Manufacturing and Uranium Mining. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 284,641 meticals, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.6 times as much as the poorest.
Families are only permitted to have one child, the words 'private' and 'enterprise' must never appear in the same sentence, drug-related crimes carry the death penalty, and the government is cracking down on subversive groups. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force. ITI N Nasty's national animal is the nightingale, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Violetism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 12 hours ago
- 5 hours ago: ITI N Nasty was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Devout.
- 7 hours ago: Following new legislation in ITI N Nasty, the government is cracking down on subversive groups.
- 1 day 7 hours ago: Following new legislation in ITI N Nasty, drug-related crimes carry the death penalty.
- 2 days 5 hours ago: ITI N Nasty was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Authoritarian (last census: Top 10%).
- 2 days 5 hours ago: ITI N Nasty fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Authoritarian.
- 2 days 7 hours ago: ITI N Nasty was reclassified from "Corporate Police State" to "Iron Fist Consumerists".
- 2 days 7 hours ago: Following new legislation in ITI N Nasty, the words 'private' and 'enterprise' must never appear in the same sentence.
- 3 days 7 hours ago: Following new legislation in ITI N Nasty, families are only permitted to have one child.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in ITI N Nasty, the nation's new foreign policy of 'very disproportionate retribution' has its neighbors on edge.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in ITI N Nasty, nightingale owners exercise their pets at a snail's pace or risk a court appearance.