|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Handshaker
The Federal Republic of Itatun is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by Leader with an iron fist, and renowned for its punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 6.158 billion Itatunians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, moralistic government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Defence, although Law & Order and Commerce are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Itatun City. The average income tax rate is 89%, and even higher for the wealthy. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Arms Manufacturing.
The government's only official statement on the burning down of Itatun City was that 'they shouldn't have been so careless', several citizens have complained about scientists abducting their pets for experimentation, citizens have reported seeing strange rays of light emanating from the moon, and potatoes racing stadiums are open 24/7. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Itatun's national animal is the potatoes, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is a major religion, and its currency is the tungsten.
Most Recent Government Activity: 10 days ago
- 35 days ago: Itatun fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Primitive.
- 49 days ago: Itatun's influence in Kallisto fell from "Ambassador" to "Handshaker".
- 50 days ago: Itatun's influence in Kallisto rose from "Minnow" to "Ambassador".
- 50 days ago: Itatun relocated from The United Pacific States to Kallisto.
- 51 days ago: Itatun relocated from Kallisto to The United Pacific States.
- 62 days ago: Itatun fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 63 days ago: Itatun was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Gambling Industry.
- 78 days ago: Itatun fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Corrupt Governments.
- 80 days ago: Itatun was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Shortest Average Lifespan (last census: Top 10%).
- 82 days ago: Itatun fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Godforsaken.