|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Handshaker
The Federal Republic of Itatun is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Leader with an iron fist, and renowned for its irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 6.385 billion Itatunians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The enormous, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Itatun City. The average income tax rate is 90.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Itatunian economy, worth 906 trillion tungstens a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, broadly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Woodchip Exports, Uranium Mining, and Beef-Based Agriculture. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 141,918 tungstens, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
The government's only official statement on the burning down of Itatun City was that 'they shouldn't have been so careless', several citizens have complained about scientists abducting their pets for experimentation, citizens have reported seeing strange rays of light emanating from the moon, and potatoes racing stadiums are open 24/7. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Itatun's national animal is the potatoes, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is a major religion.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 days ago
- 3 days 5 hours ago: Itatun was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Public Sector.
- 6 days ago: Itatun fell out of the world Top 10% for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- 7 days ago: Itatun was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Avoided (last census: Top 5%).
- 72 days ago: Itatun fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Primitive.
- 86 days ago: Itatun's influence in Kallisto fell from "Ambassador" to "Handshaker".
- 86 days ago: Itatun's influence in Kallisto rose from "Minnow" to "Ambassador".
- 86 days ago: Itatun relocated from The United Pacific States to Kallisto.
- 88 days ago: Itatun relocated from Kallisto to The United Pacific States.
- 99 days ago: Itatun fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 100 days ago: Itatun was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Gambling Industry.