|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Handshaker
The Federal Republic of Itatun is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Leader with an iron fist, and renowned for its ban on automobiles. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 5.666 billion Itatunians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, moralistic government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Defence, although Law & Order and Commerce are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Itatun City. The average income tax rate is 88%, and even higher for the wealthy. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Arms Manufacturing.
The government's only official statement on the burning down of Itatun City was that 'they shouldn't have been so careless', several citizens have complained about scientists abducting their pets for experimentation, citizens have reported seeing strange rays of light emanating from the moon, and potatoes racing stadiums are open 24/7. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Itatun's national animal is the potatoes, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is a major religion, and its currency is the tungsten.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 hours ago
- 22 hours ago: Itatun fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Godforsaken.
- 20 days ago: Itatun's influence in Kallisto fell from "Duckspeaker" to "Handshaker".
- 31 days ago: Itatun was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- 33 days ago: Itatun's influence in Kallisto rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- 39 days ago: Itatun fell out of the world Top 10% for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
- 45 days ago: Itatun's influence in Kallisto fell from "Duckspeaker" to "Handshaker".
- 46 days ago: Itatun was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Shortest Average Lifespan (last census: Top 5%).
- 49 days ago: Itatun was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- 93 days ago: Itatun fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Public Sector.
- 96 days ago: Following new legislation in Itatun, potatoes racing stadiums are open 24/7.