The Federal Republic of Itatun is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Leader with an iron fist, and renowned for its public floggings, smutty television, and enforced nudity. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 9.314 billion Itatunians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The enormous, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Itatun City. The average income tax rate is 89.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Itatunian economy, worth a remarkable 1,312 trillion tungstens a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, broadly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Woodchip Exports, Uranium Mining, and Retail. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 140,948 tungstens, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
The government's only official statement on the burning down of Itatun City was that 'they shouldn't have been so careless', several citizens have complained about scientists abducting their pets for experimentation, citizens have reported seeing strange rays of light emanating from the moon, and potatoes racing stadiums are open 24/7. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Itatun's national animal is the potatoes, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is a major religion.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Itatun was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Stationary.
- : Itatun was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Itatun was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Black Market.
- : Itatun was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Foreign Aid Spending, Largest Black Market, Most Advanced Defense Forces, Most Advanced Law Enforcement, and Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- : Itatun was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Rudest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- : Itatun was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Itatun was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Shortest Average Lifespan (last census: Top 10%).
- : Itatun was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Avoided (last census: Top 10%).
- : Itatun was struck by a Cure Missile from The Free Land of Holykol, curing 141 million infected.
- : Itatun was struck by a Cure Missile from The Supreme Realm of Lumein, curing 38 million infected.