“Follow the lead of the sword, and never fall.”God Urzik
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Auxiliary
Location: I HATE GRAPE JAM
The Moonlit Empire of Issars is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by God Urzik with an iron fist, and notable for its anti-smoking policies. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 3.43 billion Knights are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of INFRAGILIS. The average income tax rate is 56.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Knightly economy, worth 729 trillion Denars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Tourism. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 212,789 Denars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.9 times as much as the poorest.
Graffiti graces every city's streets, the new hit series "Issars's Got Trauma" has corporate executives fleeing the country, schools have extensive counseling programs for troubled students, and all footpaths have tollbooths. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Issars's national animal is the Crow, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Knighthood of the God Urzik.
Issars is ranked 2nd in I HATE GRAPE JAM and 14,160th in the world for Most Beautiful Environments, with 283.35 Pounds of Wildlife less Pounds of Concrete per square mile.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 hours ago
- 2 hours ago: Issars was reclassified from "Iron Fist Consumerists" to "Father Knows Best State".
- 2 hours ago: Following new legislation in Issars, all footpaths have tollbooths.
- 14 hours ago: Following new legislation in Issars, schools have extensive counseling programs for troubled students.
- 14 hours ago: Following new legislation in Issars, the new hit series "Issars's Got Trauma" has corporate executives fleeing the country.
- 1 day 13 hours ago: Issars fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Authoritarian.
- 1 day 14 hours ago: Issars's influence in I HATE GRAPE JAM rose from "Ambassador" to "Auxiliary".
- 1 day 14 hours ago: Following new legislation in Issars, graffiti graces every city's streets.
- 1 day 14 hours ago: Following new legislation in Issars, immigrant herding has become a national pastime.
- 2 days 13 hours ago: Issars was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 2 days 13 hours ago: Issars was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.