The London Borough of Islington is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Leader with a fair hand, and notable for its burgeoning fish at the New River population. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 9.856 billion Islingtonians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Upper Street London N1. The average income tax rate is 31.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Islingtonian economy, worth 312 trillion Highbury Pounds a year, is quite specialized and led by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, with significant contributions from Woodchip Exports, Soda Sales, and Book Publishing. Black market activity is notable. Average income is 31,730 Highbury Pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Kids laugh off vandalism and arson as "just fun", Leader has just been declared ruler of Islington in an international press conference, the government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one, and elections have become procedural nightmares due to voters persistently rejecting candidates. Crime is relatively low, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Islington's national animal is the fish at the New River.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Islington was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Black Market.
- : Islington was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Islington was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Free and the Top 10% for Largest Populations and Largest Agricultural Sector.
- : Islington fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Islington's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Islington was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Politically Free.
- : Islington's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Islington's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Islington's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Islington was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Extensive Civil Rights.