The London Borough of Islington is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Leader with a fair hand, and renowned for its burgeoning fish at the New River population. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 8.185 billion Islingtonians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Upper Street London N1. The average income tax rate is 31.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Islingtonian economy, worth 261 trillion Highbury Pounds a year, is quite specialized and led by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, with significant contributions from Woodchip Exports, Soda Sales, and Book Publishing. Black market activity is notable. Average income is 31,893 Highbury Pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Kids laugh off vandalism and arson as "just fun", Leader has just been declared ruler of Islington in an international press conference, the government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one, and elections have become procedural nightmares due to voters persistently rejecting candidates. Crime is relatively low, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Islington's national animal is the fish at the New River.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Islington fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Islington's influence in Hinduism rose from "Negotiator" to "Instigator".
- : Islington fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Islington's influence in Hinduism rose from "Ambassador" to "Negotiator".
- : Islington's influence in Hinduism rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Ambassador".
- : Islington's influence in Hinduism rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- : Islington was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Drug Use.
- : Islington's influence in Hinduism rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- : Islington's influence in Hinduism rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : Islington's influence in Hinduism rose from "Minnow" to "Vassal".