The Grand Duchy of Isle of Kesha is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Grand Duchess Ursula IV with a fair hand, and remarkable for its state-planned economy, hatred of cheese, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 8.324 billion Keshans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kirchdorf. The income tax rate is 100%.
The enormous but inefficient Keshan economy, worth a remarkable 1,052 trillion Euros a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 126,405 Euros, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Citizens are frequently searched for illegal weapons, the art of conversation has been rediscovered, the words 'private' and 'enterprise' must never appear in the same sentence, and anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Isle of Kesha's national animal is the cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Kesholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Isle of Kesha lodged a message on the The Feminist Region Regional Message Board.
- : Isle of Kesha created a new poll in The Feminist Region: "Should we construct an embassy with The Bar on the corner of every region?".
- : Isle of Kesha voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Preventing Animal Abuse"".
- : Following new legislation in Isle of Kesha, anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper.
- : Isle of Kesha was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- : Following new legislation in Isle of Kesha, the words 'private' and 'enterprise' must never appear in the same sentence.
- : Following new legislation in Isle of Kesha, the art of conversation has been rediscovered.
- : Following new legislation in Isle of Kesha, citizens are frequently searched for illegal weapons.
- : Isle of Kesha was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Following new legislation in Isle of Kesha, Isle of Kesha's free colleges struggle to maintain standards in the face of overwhelming demand.