“The Proletariat Coalition Ambassador at Large”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
Location: Allied States of EuroIslanders
The Former Cuban Delegate of Isla Pena is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its national health service. The compassionate, democratic population of 22.866 billion Isla Penans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 94.5%.
The large but stagnant Isla Penan economy, worth 154 trillion Cubanates a year, is driven entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 6,754 Cubanates, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government is avowedly atheist, the nation has opened its arms to an influx of refugees, the Supreme Court vehemently protects civil rights and the right to privacy, and citizens are forced to donate blood once every three months. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Isla Pena's national animal is the Utahraptor, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Isla Pena is ranked 5th in Allied States of EuroIslanders and 5,442nd in the world for Most Beautiful Environments, with 706.4 Pounds of Wildlife less Pounds of Concrete per square mile.
Most Recent Government Activity: 28 days ago
- 75 days ago: Isla Pena was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Income Equality.
- 111 days ago: Isla Pena fell out of the world Top 10% for Healthiest Citizens.
- 149 days ago: Isla Pena lodged a message on the Allied States of EuroIslanders Regional Message Board.
- 152 days ago: Isla Pena lodged a message on the Allied States of EuroIslanders Regional Message Board.
- 160 days ago: Isla Pena was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 5%).
- 165 days ago: Isla Pena was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 167 days ago: Isla Pena fell out of the world Top 10% for Smartest Citizens.
- 178 days ago: Isla Pena fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Income Equality.
- 185 days ago: Isla Pena was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Happiest Citizens.
- 220 days ago: Isla Pena was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nicest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).