The Former Cuban Delegate of Isla Pena is a gargantuan, genial nation, notable for its state-planned economy, daily referendums, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 24.382 billion Isla Penans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 94.1%.
The large but stagnant Isla Penan economy, worth 164 trillion Cubanates a year, is driven entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 6,754 Cubanates, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government is avowedly atheist, the nation has opened its arms to an influx of refugees, the Supreme Court vehemently protects civil rights and the right to privacy, and citizens are forced to donate blood once every three months. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Isla Pena's national animal is the Utahraptor, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Isla Pena fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Inclusive.
- : Isla Pena fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Income Equality.
- : Isla Pena fell out of the world Top 10% for Healthiest Citizens.
- : Isla Pena fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Devout.
- : Isla Pena fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Isla Pena fell out of the world Top 10% for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Isla Pena fell out of the world Top 10% for Smartest Citizens.
- : Isla Pena was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- : Isla Pena was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Public Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- : Isla Pena was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Inclusive.