The Multi-colored Dinosaurs of Isla de Yoshi is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Yellow Yoshi with a fair hand, and remarkable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, keen interest in outer space, and absence of drug laws. The hard-working, democratic, cheerful population of 14.255 billion Isla de Yoshians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The tiny, liberal, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Social Policy and Industry are also considered important, while Spirituality and Law & Order aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Donut Plains. The average income tax rate is 6.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Isla de Yoshian economy, worth a remarkable 3,022 trillion melons a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Gambling. Black market activity is notable. Average income is an amazing 212,054 melons, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.7 times as much as the poorest.
Abortions are routinely performed in Isla de Yoshi's hospitals, fraternities are notorious for drunken hooliganism, package deals offer tourists the chance to visit the frozen remains of the previous tour group, and firebombing politicians' offices has become a common way of expressing dissatisfaction. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Isla de Yoshi's national animal is the piranha plant, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Isla de Yoshi's influence in Gay rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Isla de Yoshi was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Armed.
- : Isla de Yoshi was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Wealthy Incomes.
- : Isla de Yoshi was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Politically Free.
- : Isla de Yoshi was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- : Isla de Yoshi was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Isla de Yoshi was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Developed, Most Politically Free, Most Efficient Economies, Largest Cheese Export Sector, and Highest Crime Rates.
- : Isla de Yoshi was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Inclusive (last census: Top 5%).
- : Isla de Yoshi was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Largest Soda Pop Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- : Isla de Yoshi was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Manufacturing Sector.