“حكم مع النخيل مفتوحة.”
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The Guardians of Ishtar is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Saelvall with an iron fist, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 3.65 billion are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Religion & Spirituality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Uruk. The average income tax rate is 69%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry.
Shanty towns are forming in the suburbs of major cities, citizens are regularly arrested in queues for 'loitering', record sales of 'child-whacking sticks' have been reported, and the police crack down on tax evaders without mercy. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Ishtar's national animal is the Raven, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Ancient Semitic, and its currency is the Foreigner.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 2 hours ago
- 2 days 4 hours ago: Ishtar was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Authoritarian (last census: Top 5%).
- 8 days ago: Ishtar fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- 10 days ago: Ishtar was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Police Ratios (last census: Top 5%).
- 21 days ago: Ishtar altered its national flag.
- 23 days ago: Ishtar relocated from Balder to 10000 Islands.
- 24 days ago: Ishtar was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Stupidest Citizens (last census: Top 1%).
- 24 days ago: Ishtar was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Stupidest Citizens.
- 25 days ago: Ishtar was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Conservative.
- 27 days ago: Ishtar was refounded.
- 29 days ago: Ishtar ceased to exist.