The Protectorate of Ishmiel is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 22.804 billion Ishmielians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ishmiel City. The average income tax rate is 96.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Ishmielian economy, worth a remarkable 6,587 trillion waines a year, is quite specialized and mostly comprised of black market activity, especially in Book Publishing, Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is an amazing 288,882 waines, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
The new national mascot has to be wheeled onto the field of play, space shuttles regularly launch rubbish into space, the letters L, G, and B must never be grouped together, and highschool principals regularly send armed truancy patrols to drag problem students to school. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Ishmiel's national animal is the whale, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to heavy metals seepage into national waterways, and its national religion is a major religion.
Most Recent Government Activity: 11 days ago
- 25 days ago: Ishmiel relocated from Lazarus to Canada.
- 25 days ago: Ishmiel applied to join the World Assembly.
- 25 days ago: Ishmiel was refounded in Lazarus.
- 31 days ago: Ishmiel ceased to exist.
- 52 days ago: Ishmiel was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 56 days ago: Ishmiel was endorsed by The Royal City-State of Guelphia.
- 59 days ago: Following new legislation in Ishmiel, highschool principals regularly send armed truancy patrols to drag problem students to school.
- 59 days ago: Following new legislation in Ishmiel, the letters L, G, and B must never be grouped together.
- 59 days ago: Following new legislation in Ishmiel, space shuttles regularly launch rubbish into space.
- 59 days ago: Following new legislation in Ishmiel, the new national mascot has to be wheeled onto the field of play.