The Protectorate of Ishmiel is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and renowned for its strictly enforced bedtime, ban on automobiles, and ubiquitous missile silos. The compassionate, hard-working, cheerful, devout population of 23.956 billion Ishmielians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ishmiel City. The average income tax rate is 96.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Ishmielian economy, worth a remarkable 7,082 trillion waines a year, is quite specialized and mostly comprised of black market activity, especially in Book Publishing, Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is an amazing 295,659 waines, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
People reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight, scenic beaches are now protected by massive concrete walls, disadvantaged neighbourhoods have become no-go areas after sundown, and hordes of gardening enthusiasts are being banished from cities nationwide. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Ishmiel's national animal is the whale, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to heavy metals seepage into national waterways, and its national religion is a major religion.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ishmiel was endorsed by The Fiefdom of Nanu Nanu.
- : Following new legislation in Ishmiel, hordes of gardening enthusiasts are being banished from cities nationwide.
- : Following new legislation in Ishmiel, disadvantaged neighbourhoods have become no-go areas after sundown.
- : Following new legislation in Ishmiel, scenic beaches are now protected by massive concrete walls.
- : Following new legislation in Ishmiel, people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight.
- : Following new legislation in Ishmiel, the new iVote app allows representatives to vote on legislation by launching ill-tempered birds and matching candies.
- : Ishmiel voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Right to sexual privacy".
- : Ishmiel was endorsed by The Englander of Canadian Genus of Omnivorous.
- : Ishmiel was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Public Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Ishmiel, major corporations receive tax breaks for no apparent reason.