“Come Get Some”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
The Protectorate of Ishmiel is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and renowned for its parental licensing program. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 22.161 billion Ishmielians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ishmiel City. The average income tax rate is 95.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Ishmielian economy, worth a remarkable 6,540 trillion waines a year, is quite specialized and mostly comprised of black market activity, especially in Book Publishing, Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is an amazing 295,157 waines, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
Wealthy parents-to-be can select their perfect baby, the government is pouring money into 'Operation Enduring Democracy', the government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion, and phone taps are frequently carried out by the police. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Ishmiel's national animal is the whale, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to heavy metals seepage into national waterways, and its national religion is a major religion.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 days ago
- 2 days 10 hours ago: Ishmiel's influence in Canada rose from "Enforcer" to "Eminence Grise".
- 3 days 21 hours ago: Ishmiel was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Public Sector (last census: Top 1%).
- 3 days 21 hours ago: Ishmiel was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Public Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Ishmiel, phone taps are frequently carried out by the police.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Ishmiel, the government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Ishmiel, the government is pouring money into 'Operation Enduring Democracy'.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Ishmiel, wealthy parents-to-be can select their perfect baby.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Ishmiel, radio stations are forbidden to play anything with too much drum or bass.
- 5 days ago: Ishmiel voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Disabled Voters Act".
- 9 days ago: Ishmiel was ranked #1 in the region for Most Avoided (last census: Top 5%).
Endorsements Received: 17 » Parkplace, Almonaster Nuevo, Kiljarit, Devil Heart, Auq, Aboriginal Sailors of Hudson Bay, SLAM-ER, Stormaen, Nunavut Republic, New Vinland, Mapleleafs, Lutsen, Le Royaume des Canadiens, Higsantium, Mesocricetus Auratus Peninsula, McMatter, and Stadacona.