The Most Serene Republic of Ishkiz is a massive, genial nation, notable for its museums and concert halls, national health service, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 3.563 billion Ishkizians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Yuki. The average income tax rate is 97.1%.
The sizeable but stagnant Ishkizian economy, worth 28.0 trillion Geroes a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism. State-owned companies are the norm. Average income is 7,858 Geroes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Children are raised bilingual from an early age, all recreational drugs are legal, the government seeks peaceful forum with terrorists, and wind farms are erected on shuttered oil platforms. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ishkiz's national animal is the Dango, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 13 hours ago
- 1 day 10 hours ago: Ishkiz fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 6 days ago: Ishkiz was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Nicest Citizens.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Ishkiz, wind farms are erected on shuttered oil platforms.
- 12 days ago: Ishkiz was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 14 days ago: Ishkiz fell out of the world Top 1% for Most Influential.
- 17 days ago: Ishkiz was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Best Weather.
- 18 days ago: Ishkiz was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Cultured.
- 20 days ago: Ishkiz was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments.
- 21 days ago: Ishkiz was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Politically Free (last census: Top 10%).
- 23 days ago: Ishkiz was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Smartest Citizens.