The Most Serene Republic of Ishkiz is a massive, cultured nation, remarkable for its complete lack of prisons, ban on automobiles, and smutty television. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 3.367 billion Ishkizians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Yuki. The average income tax rate is 97.1%.
The sizeable but stagnant Ishkizian economy, worth 26.2 trillion Geroes a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing. State-owned companies are the norm. Average income is 7,783 Geroes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government is avowedly atheist, same-sex marriages are increasingly common, 'The Anti-Government Hour' is a popular programme on many of Ishkiz's radio stations, and the government recently relinquished its monopoly on the mail service. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ishkiz's national animal is the Dango, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 27 days ago
- 6 days ago: Ishkiz was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 9 days ago: Ishkiz fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Godforsaken.
- 19 days ago: Ishkiz was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Free.
- 26 days ago: Ishkiz was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Public Transport Department.
- 27 days ago: Ishkiz was refounded in Lazarus.
- 1 year 133 days ago: Ishkiz ceased to exist.
- 1 year 144 days ago: Ishkiz was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Free.
- 1 year 147 days ago: Ishkiz was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 1%).
- 1 year 149 days ago: Ishkiz was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Godforsaken (last census: Top 5%).
- 1 year 151 days ago: Ishkiz was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 1%).