“Freedom is consequence”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Dominator
The Mostly Insignificant Nation of Ioavollr is a gargantuan, safe nation, notable for its devotion to social welfare. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 16.273 billion are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whoever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of the Environment, Education, and Social Welfare. The average income tax rate is 100%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The government is avowedly atheist, prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators, schoolchildren have twice-weekly sex education classes, and Kodiaks have more rights than the average citizen. Crime is totally unknown. Ioavollr's national animal is the Kodiak, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the ISSP Credit.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 15 hours ago
- 1 day 11 hours ago: Following new legislation in Ioavollr, Kodiaks have more rights than the average citizen.
- 1 day 23 hours ago: Following new legislation in Ioavollr, schoolchildren have twice-weekly sex education classes.
- 2 days 22 hours ago: Ioavollr was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Extreme.
- 4 days ago: Ioavollr's influence in Scandinavia fell from "Hermit" to "Dominator".
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Ioavollr, prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators.
- 5 days ago: Ioavollr applied to join the World Assembly.
- 5 days ago: Ioavollr altered its national flag.
- 5 days ago: Ioavollr lodged a message on the Scandinavia Regional Message Board.
- 5 days ago: Ioavollr relocated from Balder to Scandinavia.
- 5 days ago: Ioavollr was refounded in Balder.