“Freedom is consequence”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Dominator
The Mostly Insignificant Nation of Ioavollr is a gargantuan, safe nation, notable for its museums and concert halls. The compassionate, intelligent population of 17.622 billion Ioavollrians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of the Environment, Education, and Social Welfare. The average income tax rate is 100%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
A large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway, space shuttles regularly launch rubbish into space, military funding has been stripped back, and the military frequently holds bake sales to raise funds. Crime is totally unknown. Ioavollr's national animal is the Kodiak, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the ISSP Credit.
Most Recent Government Activity: 7 hours ago
- 3 days 3 hours ago: Ioavollr was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 5 days ago: Ioavollr fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Politically Free.
- 5 days ago: Ioavollr was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Agape love.
- 5 days ago: Ioavollr's influence in Scandinavia rose from "Superpower" to "Dominator".
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Ioavollr, the military frequently holds bake sales to raise funds.
- 12 days ago: Ioavollr was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Healthiest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 12 days ago: Ioavollr was endorsed by The Zombie Monarchy of Kammamiwia.
- 18 days ago: Ioavollr was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 10%).
- 18 days ago: Ioavollr fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 18 days ago: Following new legislation in Ioavollr, military funding has been stripped back.