“Pro Bonum Commune Communitatis”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The Geniocracy of Invictus is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its hatred of cheese. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 5.414 billion love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Education, although the Environment and Social Welfare are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Civitas. The average income tax rate is 73%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits, drunk drivers are sent to rehabilitation paid for by the government, the minority inevitably have their addenda vetoed, and wind farms are erected on shuttered oil platforms. Crime is totally unknown. Invictus's national animal is the liondog, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the equita.
Most Recent Government Activity: 10 hours ago
- 1 day 6 hours ago: Invictus endorsed The GRO of Anime Daisuki.
- 1 day 17 hours ago: Invictus was endorsed by The GRO of Anime Daisuki.
- 1 day 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Invictus, wind farms are erected on shuttered oil platforms.
- 1 day 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Invictus, the minority inevitably have their addenda vetoed.
- 1 day 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Invictus, drunk drivers are sent to rehabilitation paid for by the government.
- 3 days 21 hours ago: Invictus fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Politically Free.
- 3 days 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Invictus, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits.
- 3 days 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Invictus, anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Invictus, major cities shut down as their local sports team takes to the field every day.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Invictus, the government is making attempts at curtailing the flood of spam emails with little progress.
Endorsements Received: 45 » Tzo, Osea Island, Spadanera, Dustwind, Naughtania, Kokkinostan, Thesan, Lubnid, Seranis, Cammiwoo, United Bobtopia, The Blessed and Almighty Bog, Northern Koryeo, Morbid Mothmen Of Malibu, Kelvinski, Solleana, Biblical Importance, Chronopolice, Earth Federation, Dracoria, Anollasia, Great-Bohemia, An Isolated Populace, Takosu, Arnor and Gondor-, Blogotopia, The Soylent Green Party, Randomain, Christopolas, Thomason, Tinbo, Kievskaya, Happy Kitten Death Chain Land, Voltzenkrad, Dendor, Laan, Nubpryton, Spncrgmn, Indian Empire, Benevolent Thomas, Coreras, Hawalius, Naarang, Wolfhunters, and Anime Daisuki.