The Mothers of Invention is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its complete lack of prisons, enforced nudity, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 6.975 billion Inventionians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — prioritizes Education, with Welfare, Social Policy, and Industry also on the agenda. The average income tax rate is 76.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but inefficient Inventionian economy, worth 158 trillion maws a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Automobile Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 22,772 maws, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government seizes the property of the recently deceased, factories are regularly demolished to make way for low-cost housing areas, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits, and students cut up leftover maws during Arts and Crafts. Crime is almost non-existent, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Invention's national animal is the macaw, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Invention's influence in San Francisco fell from "Powerbroker" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Invention lodged a message on the San Francisco Regional Message Board.
- : Invention's influence in San Francisco fell from "Power" to "Powerbroker".
- : Invention's influence in San Francisco rose from "Powerbroker" to "Power".
- : Invention's influence in San Francisco rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".
- : Invention's influence in San Francisco rose from "Enforcer" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Invention's influence in San Francisco rose from "Auxiliary" to "Enforcer".
- : Invention's influence in San Francisco rose from "Ambassador" to "Auxiliary".
- : Invention's influence in San Francisco rose from "Diplomat" to "Ambassador".
- : Invention changed its national motto to "Echidna's arf, of you".