|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Truckler
Location: Rock and Roll
The Mothers of Invention is a massive, safe nation, renowned for its punitive income tax rates, lack of airports, and complete lack of prisons. The compassionate, democratic population of 4.72 billion Inventionians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — prioritizes Education, although Welfare, Social Policy, and Industry are also considered important. The average income tax rate is 76.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but inefficient Inventionian economy, worth 107 trillion maws a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Automobile Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 22,772 maws, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government seizes the property of the recently deceased, factories are regularly demolished to make way for low-cost housing areas, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits, and students cut up leftover maws during Arts and Crafts. Crime is almost non-existent, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Invention's national animal is the macaw, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 days ago
- 5 hours ago: Invention's influence in Rock and Roll rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- 2 days 5 hours ago: Invention's influence in Rock and Roll rose from "Minnow" to "Vassal".
- 5 days ago: Invention relocated from Green Anarchy to Rock and Roll.
- 5 days ago: Invention relocated from Osiris to Green Anarchy.
- 5 days ago: Invention altered its national flag.
- 5 days ago: Invention was refounded in Osiris.
- 179 days ago: Invention ceased to exist.
- 190 days ago: Invention's influence in Rock and Roll rose from "Enforcer" to "Eminence Grise".
- 204 days ago: Invention's influence in Rock and Roll fell from "Eminence Grise" to "Enforcer".
- 206 days ago: Invention's influence in Rock and Roll rose from "Enforcer" to "Eminence Grise".