“I Swim Through a Sea of Stars, Forever - Wherever.”
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The Hegemony of Interstellar Space Corps is a massive, economically powerful nation, ruled by Michael Youngling with an iron fist, and remarkable for its compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 4.64 billion Interstellar Space Corpsians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defence, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Metropia. The average income tax rate is 78%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Arms Manufacturing and Gambling.
A new generation of aquariumless hotels are being built under government supervision, psychological disorders are a taboo subject, the number of children one can have is restricted by law, and the wearing and manufacture of fur apparel is banned. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Interstellar Space Corps's national animal is the Wolf, and its currency is the Crown.
Most Recent Government Activity: 24 days ago
- 3 days 7 hours ago: Interstellar Space Corps fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Rebellious Youth.
- 28 days ago: Interstellar Space Corps was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Godforsaken (last census: Top 5%).
- 29 days ago: Interstellar Space Corps was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Defense Forces (last census: Top 5%).
- 39 days ago: Interstellar Space Corps was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- 48 days ago: Interstellar Space Corps was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 55 days ago: Interstellar Space Corps fell out of the world Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 75 days ago: Interstellar Space Corps resigned from the World Assembly.
- 75 days ago: Interstellar Space Corps voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Liberal Haven".
- 78 days ago: Interstellar Space Corps was endorsed by The Holy Empire of The Blessed and Almighty Bog.
- 81 days ago: Interstellar Space Corps voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Sustainable Tourism Directive".