The Hegemony of Interstellar Space Corps is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Michael Youngling with an iron fist, and notable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, sprawling nuclear power plants, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 9.033 billion Space Corps are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Metropia. The average income tax rate is 78.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient a pilot economy, worth a remarkable 1,041 trillion Crowns a year, is dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Automobile Manufacturing, and Woodchip Exports. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 115,288 Crowns, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
A new generation of aquariumless hotels are being built under government supervision, psychological disorders are a taboo subject, the number of children one can have is restricted by law, and the wearing and manufacture of fur apparel is banned. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Interstellar Space Corps's national animal is the Wolf, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Interstellar Space Corps was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes and the Top 10% for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- : Interstellar Space Corps was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Safest.
- : Interstellar Space Corps was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates and the Top 10% for Healthiest Citizens.
- : Interstellar Space Corps was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Interstellar Space Corps's influence in The LBP Union fell from "Envoy" to "Duckspeaker".
- : Interstellar Space Corps's influence in The LBP Union rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- : Interstellar Space Corps created a custom banner.
- : Interstellar Space Corps altered its national flag.
- : Interstellar Space Corps's influence in The LBP Union rose from "Nipper" to "Duckspeaker".
- : Interstellar Space Corps relocated from Osiris to The LBP Union.