The Hegemony of Interstellar Space Corps is a colossal, orderly nation, ruled by Michael Youngling with an iron fist, and notable for its anti-smoking policies, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 8.669 billion Space Corps are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Metropia. The average income tax rate is 78.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient a pilot economy, worth 999 trillion Crowns a year, is dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Automobile Manufacturing, and Woodchip Exports. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 115,288 Crowns, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
A new generation of aquariumless hotels are being built under government supervision, psychological disorders are a taboo subject, the number of children one can have is restricted by law, and the wearing and manufacture of fur apparel is banned. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Interstellar Space Corps's national animal is the Wolf, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Interstellar Space Corps's influence in The LBP Union rose from "Nipper" to "Duckspeaker".
- : Interstellar Space Corps relocated from Osiris to The LBP Union.
- : Interstellar Space Corps was refounded in Osiris.
- : Interstellar Space Corps ceased to exist.
- : Interstellar Space Corps was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Incomes.
- : Interstellar Space Corps's influence in The LBP Union rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- : Interstellar Space Corps's influence in The LBP Union fell from "Duckspeaker" to "Handshaker".
- : Interstellar Space Corps was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Safest.
- : Interstellar Space Corps was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Efficient Economies and Most Advanced Law Enforcement and the Top 5% for Most Scientifically Advanced, Largest Black Market, and Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Interstellar Space Corps fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry.