“Science Without Art Is Nothing”
|Category: Corporate Police State|
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
Location: The Commonwealth of Greater Nations
The Federation of Inoa is a massive, safe nation, renowned for its compulsory military service. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 2.512 billion are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, pro-business government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Defence, and Law & Order. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Inoa City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 42%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry.
Citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits, parents live in fear of governmental 'child protection' squads, otherwise healthy people are being sent to internment camps because they have VODAIS, and Inoa has designated Inoa City as its capital city. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Inoa's national animal is the Wolf, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the Inoan Credit.
Most Recent Government Activity: 7 days ago
- 2 days 5 hours ago: Inoa was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Mining Sector.
- 74 days ago: Inoa changed its national capital to "Inoa City".
- 106 days ago: Inoa fell out of the regional Top 10% for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- 115 days ago: Inoa was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Pro-Market (last census: Top 5%).
- 149 days ago: Inoa fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Mining Sector.
- 164 days ago: Inoa was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Mining Sector.
- 176 days ago: Inoa was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- 180 days ago: Inoa was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- 197 days ago: Inoa was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- 236 days ago: Inoa was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Pro-Market (last census: Top 10%).