The Grand Old Duchy of Ineptia is a gargantuan, safe nation, notable for its public floggings, unlimited-speed roads, and daily referendums. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 27.387 billion Ineptians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Defense, and Industry. The average income tax rate is 61.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Ineptian economy, worth a remarkable 2,049 trillion neptoes a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Automobile Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 74,828 neptoes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
Teenagers across the country are celebrating the defeat of a national curfew bill, the government is making attempts at curtailing the flood of spam emails with little progress, waste is frequently shipped to other countries, and it is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws. Crime is totally unknown. Ineptia's national animal is the raccoon, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ineptia lodged a message on the The Heartland Regional Message Board.
- : Ineptia rejected a request from United republics and commonwealths for an embassy with The Heartland.
- : Ineptia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- : Ineptia rejected a request from Dill Country for an embassy with The Heartland.
- : Ineptia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Pacifist.
- : Ineptia fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- : Ineptia fell out of the world Top 10% for Best Weather.
- : Ineptia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs (last census: Top 10%).
- : Ineptia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- : Ineptia fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.