“Moderation In All Things”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
Location: The Heartland
The Grand Old Duchy of Ineptia is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, renowned for its anti-smoking policies. The compassionate, intelligent population of 25.176 billion Ineptians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Social Welfare, Defence, and Commerce. The average income tax rate is 72%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Automobile Manufacturing industry.
Teenagers across the country are celebrating the defeat of a national curfew bill, the government is making attempts at curtailing the flood of spam emails with little progress, waste is frequently shipped to other countries, and it is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ineptia's national animal is the raccoon, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the nepto.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 15 hours ago
- 7 days ago: Ineptia ejected and banned The Theocracy of The Fate Isle from The Heartland.
- 7 days ago: Ineptia ejected and banned The Kingdom of Heartia from The Heartland.
- 7 days ago: Ineptia removed The Kingdom of Clubinara from the regional ban list in The Heartland.
- 7 days ago: Ineptia ejected and banned The Kingdom of Dimondiatia from The Heartland.
- 7 days ago: Ineptia ejected and banned The Kingdom of Clubinara from The Heartland.
- 30 days ago: Ineptia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Influential (last census: Top 5%).
- 38 days ago: Ineptia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Devout.
- 38 days ago: Ineptia rejected a request from United peoples republic for an embassy with The Heartland.
- 63 days ago: Ineptia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Happiest Citizens.
- 148 days ago: Ineptia lodged a message on the The Heartland Regional Message Board.