The Empire of Imperium Byzantium is a colossal, orderly nation, ruled by Emperor Manuel IV Venizelos with an iron fist, and notable for its museums and concert halls, frequent executions, and anti-smoking policies. The hard-nosed, cynical, devout population of 5.208 billion Byzantines are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, corrupt, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order, Spirituality, and Education also on the agenda. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Konstantinoupolis. The average income tax rate is 91.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Imperium Byzantiumian economy, worth 460 trillion Soliduses a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 88,330 Soliduses, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
The army's shirt ninjas are the most feared assassins in the region, the IBBI Channel Tunnel project is plagued by delays, all news sources are under strict government control, and citizens who leave the country are officially classed as traitors. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Imperium Byzantium's national animal is the Double-Headed Eagle, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Byzantine Orthodox Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 4 hours ago
- 1 day 23 hours ago: Imperium Byzantium was reclassified from "Father Knows Best State" to "Corrupt Dictatorship".
- 1 day 23 hours ago: Following new legislation in Imperium Byzantium, citizens who leave the country are officially classed as traitors.
- 1 day 23 hours ago: Following new legislation in Imperium Byzantium, all news sources are under strict government control.
- 1 day 23 hours ago: Following new legislation in Imperium Byzantium, the IBBI Channel Tunnel project is plagued by delays.
- 1 day 23 hours ago: Following new legislation in Imperium Byzantium, the army's shirt ninjas are the most feared assassins in the region.
- 2 days 4 hours ago: Imperium Byzantium voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Wartime Looting and Pillage".
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Imperium Byzantium, the nation leads Osiris in per capita stalking.
- 5 days ago: Imperium Byzantium was endorsed by The Misleading Flag of The Panoptic.
- 6 days ago: Imperium Byzantium changed its national leader to "Emperor Manuel IV Venizelos".
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Imperium Byzantium, Imperium Byzantium's schoolchildren are manufactured into a segregated bunch of soldiers, religious zealots, and computer technicians.