The Empire of Imperium Byzantium is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Aftokrátoras Ioánnis XIII Rosíni with an iron fist, and notable for its frequent executions, keen interest in outer space, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 8.451 billion Byzantines are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt government prioritizes Defense, although Law & Order and Education are also considered important, while Social Policy and Welfare aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Konstantinoupolis. The average income tax rate is 32.6%.
The all-consuming Byzantine economy, worth a remarkable 1,130 trillion Soliduses a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology and Tourism. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an impressive 133,758 Soliduses, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.9 times as much as the poorest.
Turning eighteen is often referred to as the 'Age of Aquarius', movie references are legally admissible in court, the government has enacted freedom of information, and cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Imperium Byzantium's national animal is the Double-Headed Eagle, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Byzantine Orthodox Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Imperium Byzantium was endorsed by The Republic of Krectia.
- : Imperium Byzantium was endorsed by The Benevolent Fist of Scardino.
- : Following new legislation in Imperium Byzantium, cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates.
- : Imperium Byzantium voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Right to Sexual Privacy".
- : Imperium Byzantium voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Gregoryisgodistan".
- : Imperium Byzantium voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Against Suicide Seeds".
- : Imperium Byzantium voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate The Place that has No Big Banks"".
- : Imperium Byzantium voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Environmental Warfare Act".
- : Imperium Byzantium voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Eternal Scholars".
- : Imperium Byzantium voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Humanitarian Aid Expansion Act"".