The Empire of Imperium Byzantium is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Emperor Manuel IV Venizelos with an iron fist, and renowned for its frequent executions, zero percent divorce rate, and hatred of cheese. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 6.103 billion Byzantines are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The enormous, corrupt, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, although Law & Order is also considered important, while Social Policy is ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Konstantinoupolis. The average income tax rate is 74.6%.
The Imperium Byzantiumian economy, worth 452 trillion Soliduses a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 74,200 Soliduses, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.4 times as much as the poorest.
Punitive tariffs protect local industry, pro-democracy regime change has been avoided, the government extracts trade concessions from poor nations in exchange for humanitarian aid, and military spending is on the increase. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Imperium Byzantium's national animal is the Double-Headed Eagle, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Byzantine Orthodox Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Imperium Byzantium, military spending is on the increase.
- : Following new legislation in Imperium Byzantium, the government extracts trade concessions from poor nations in exchange for humanitarian aid.
- : Following new legislation in Imperium Byzantium, pro-democracy regime change has been avoided.
- : Imperium Byzantium endorsed The Kingdom of Fukayna.
- : Imperium Byzantium voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protection of Sapient Rights".
- : Imperium Byzantium fell out of the world Top 10% for Smartest Citizens.
- : Imperium Byzantium lost the endorsement of The Kingdom of Pedran.
- : Imperium Byzantium was endorsed by The Kingdom of Pedran.
- : Imperium Byzantium was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Influential (last census: Top 1%).
- : Imperium Byzantium was endorsed by The Kingdom of Fukayna.