The Daiteikoku of Imperial--japan is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Emperor Eiji with an even hand, and renowned for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, rampant corporate plagiarism, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless, devout population of 8.978 billion Japanese enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Edo. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 67.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Japanese economy, worth a remarkable 1,402 trillion Yen a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Gambling industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Information Technology. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an impressive 156,261 Yen, with the richest citizens earning 6.3 times as much as the poorest.
Expats return home to a government devoid of social and environmental agencies, the government seizes private property for the 'good of the people', citizens are tied down and forced to watch educational videos on empathy, and police pull people off the street for even mentioning the word plane. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Imperial--japan's national animal is the koi, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Shintō.
Most Recent Government Activity: 109 minutes ago
- 18 hours ago: Imperial--japan altered its national flag.
- 19 hours ago: Imperial--japan altered its national flag.
- 24 days ago: Imperial--japan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather.
- 33 days ago: Imperial--japan fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Retail Industry.
- 33 days ago: Following new legislation in Imperial--japan, police pull people off the street for even mentioning the word plane.
- 33 days ago: Imperial--japan changed its national motto to "A Symphony Of Death".
- 33 days ago: Imperial--japan altered its national flag.
- 38 days ago: Imperial--japan fell out of the world Top 10% for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 53 days ago: Imperial--japan was reclassified from "Capitalist Paradise" to "Capitalizt".
- 54 days ago: Imperial--japan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Healthiest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
Endorsements Received: None.