“Does this unit have a soul?”
|Category: Compulsory Consumerist State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: Ankh Mauta
The Daiteikoku of Imperial--japan is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Emperor Eiji with an iron fist, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 8.22 billion Japanese are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Edo. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 93%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Gambling industry, followed by Information Technology and Arms Manufacturing.
Flash floods that dams could have controlled regularly ravage small towns in mountain valleys, the nation's infamous boot camp is more brutal than most battlefields, soldiers are equipped with multi-million Yen battlesuits, and fancy dress parties are raided by military police for new recruits. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Imperial--japan's national animal is the koi, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Shintō, and its currency is the Yen.
Most Recent Government Activity: 11 hours ago
- 3 days 4 hours ago: Imperial--japan fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Insurance Industry.
- 9 days ago: Imperial--japan altered its national flag.
- 10 days ago: Imperial--japan altered its national flag.
- 12 days ago: Imperial--japan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Retail Industry.
- 14 days ago: Imperial--japan changed its national motto to "Does this unit have a soul?".
- 15 days ago: Imperial--japan altered its national flag.
- 20 days ago: Imperial--japan altered its national flag.
- 25 days ago: Imperial--japan was reclassified from "Benevolent Dictatorship" to "Compulsory Consumerist State".
- 25 days ago: Following new legislation in Imperial--japan, fancy dress parties are raided by military police for new recruits.
- 25 days ago: Imperial--japan voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Foreign Patent Recognition".
Endorsements Received: None.