The Daiteikoku of Imperial--japan is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Empress Regent Jingū with an even hand, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, keen interest in outer space, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless, devout population of 11.669 billion Japanese are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Edo. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 64.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Japanese economy, worth a remarkable 1,896 trillion Yen a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Gambling industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an impressive 162,551 Yen, with the richest citizens earning 6.7 times as much as the poorest.
A survey of the nation's rivers and children has shown that pesticide levels are at an all-time regional high, inheritance tax has recently been abolished, Imperial--japan successfully hosted the Lazarus Olympics, and the recently unemployed can often be seen at the local homeless shelter. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Imperial--japan's national animal is the Koi fish, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Shintō.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Imperial--japan's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Imperial--japan's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Imperial--japan was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Black Market, the Top 5% for Most Developed, and the Top 10% for Most Beautiful Environments, Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector, and Most Advanced Public Education.
- : Imperial--japan altered its national flag.
- : Imperial--japan was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Imperial--japan ceased to exist.
- : Following new legislation in Imperial--japan, the recently unemployed can often be seen at the local homeless shelter.
- : Following new legislation in Imperial--japan, Imperial--japan successfully hosted the Lazarus Olympics.
- : Following new legislation in Imperial--japan, inheritance tax has recently been abolished.
- : Imperial--japan was reclassified from "Compulsory Consumerist State" to "Capitalist Paradise".