“If it's free, take two.”
|Category: Corporate Police State|
Regional Influence: Truckler
Location: The North Pacific
The Toxic Garbage Island of Impenyer is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by President Eden with an iron fist, and remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 15.333 billion are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, corrupt, moralistic, pro-business individuals juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Healthcare, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Capital Wasteland. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Uranium Mining and Woodchip Exports.
Citizens are barcoded to keep track of their movements, city rooftops are pockmarked with the shattered remains of experimental delivery drones, a punitive tax has been placed on harmful emissions, and speaking out against the government is punishable by flogging. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Impenyer's national animal is the Deathclaw, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is Indifferent Agnosticism, and its currency is the Sarsaparilla Cap.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 days ago
- 5 days ago: Impenyer was endorsed by The United Socialist Confederacy of Schmunt.
- 5 days ago: Impenyer was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of United Federation of Nationals.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Impenyer, speaking out against the government is punishable by flogging.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Impenyer, a punitive tax has been placed on harmful emissions.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Impenyer, city rooftops are pockmarked with the shattered remains of experimental delivery drones.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Impenyer, citizens are barcoded to keep track of their movements.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Impenyer, Rupert Bear is considered to be the most risqué TV programme in Impenyer.
- 8 days ago: Impenyer was endorsed by The Blue Happy Peaceful Area of God n Country n Byron.
- 8 days ago: Impenyer was endorsed by The Hippie Commune of Ashatwe.
- 8 days ago: Impenyer was endorsed by The Dictatorship of Snoefsnuif.
Endorsements Received: 78 (Laibach, Moany Old Gits, Velon, Groovistan, Fengate, Herzliyya, Yaorozu, Whereisthatistan, Novare Res, Grosseschnauzer, Span, Anarcosyndiclic Peons, New Allied Australia, Elevation, Oneofakynd, Espana Japones, Khodoristan, Enif, Pasargad, Tilling-on-Sea, Tepalcatlalpan, Cerasia, Great Bights Mum, Kitabo, Former English Colony, Markdegrey, The Marians, Andromeda Islands, Selfgradatude, Blackshear41, Ischaemia, Blue Wolf II, Spikester, Aldaslavija, Unimaginable Doom, Everywheristan, Jefffliu, Dauphin, Democatic Donkeys, New haven america, Abs123, Zemnaya Svoboda, Marscuponiland, TheImpaler, Esponnise, My Utopian World, Troibroin, Wisconsota, Unemployable Musicians, Caners, Mariensbergian Principality, GHAUNADAUR, Winchestertenvilville, Wolgamott, Tigerilla, Jamie Anumia, Renetopia, The Exile within, The PAradisy, Zyvetskistaahn, Jeiji, Avalon, Deutronesia, Freedom is, Love Song, Under The Oaks, Kiwitaicho, Irish Fighters, Iwin, Caish Empire, Mayonaise, Skynvik, IndieGirl, Hope Jobs and Cash, Snoefsnuif, Ashatwe, God n Country n Byron, Schmunt)