|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The Faceless Republic of Imbarien is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Leader with an iron fist, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 4.474 billion Imbarienians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Defence, although Education and Law & Order are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Imbarien City. The average income tax rate is 99%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry.
Travellers are often forcibly evicted by torch-bearing mobs, retirement homes are often fitted with luxurious suites, newborns are being raised as mindless killing machines, and the people are famous throughout the region for their bleached-white teeth. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Imbarien's national animal is the Norn, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is a major religion, and its currency is the Coffeebean.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 hours ago
- 1 day 4 hours ago: Imbarien was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Authoritarian.
- 1 day 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Imbarien, the people are famous throughout the region for their bleached-white teeth.
- 1 day 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Imbarien, newborns are being raised as mindless killing machines.
- 1 day 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Imbarien, retirement homes are often fitted with luxurious suites.
- 1 day 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Imbarien, travellers are often forcibly evicted by torch-bearing mobs.
- 1 day 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Imbarien, unstable couples are known to break up over which one gets parental leave.
- 5 days ago: Imbarien was endorsed by The Kingdom of LARF.
- 8 days ago: Imbarien endorsed The Island Republic of Markanite.
- 8 days ago: Imbarien was endorsed by The Island Republic of Markanite.
- 9 days ago: Imbarien was endorsed by The WA Puppet of FreeGunsForAll.
Endorsements Received: 49 » Dustwind, Blogotopia, Achiotopia, Tzo, Wolfco, Christian Indonesia, Seranis, Screaming Saint, The Soylent Green Party, Kokkinostan, Anollasia, Thesan, Tinbo, Solleana, Hayden Island, Jamestonian Empire, Osea Island, Rex Republic, Earth Federation, Dracoria, Critterstan, The Blessed and Almighty Bog, Northern Koryeo, Thomason, Grungerock, Silvermain, Matterland, Exemplaire, Lahuland, Testa, Kelvinski, Christopolas, The imperial state of Japan, Chronopolice, Marghita, Dendor, Mystiquelle, Coreras, Aeneasia, Badass Badassery, Republic Of Sindria, Beiluxia, Ozylandias, The Isle of Tol Eressea, The Bear Pits, Anime Daisuki, FreeGunsForAll, Markanite, and LARF.