|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The Faceless Republic of Imbarien is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Leader with an iron fist, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies. Its hard-nosed, cynical population of 2.96 billion are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Defence, although Education and Law & Order are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Imbarien City. The average income tax rate is 92%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry.
The poor are often seen pale and dizzy after selling their blood to make ends meet, the number of students attending university has reached a record high, prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators, and euthanasia is illegal. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Imbarien's national animal is the Norn, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is a major religion, and its currency is the Coffeebean.
Most Recent Government Activity: 7 hours ago
- 10 hours ago: Imbarien voted against the World Assembly Resolution "On Network Neutrality".
- 11 hours ago: Following new legislation in Imbarien, euthanasia is illegal.
- 22 hours ago: Imbarien was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Rudest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 22 hours ago: Imbarien was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Rudest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 23 hours ago: Following new legislation in Imbarien, prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators.
- 1 day 10 hours ago: Imbarien endorsed The Empire of Voltzenkrad.
- 1 day 11 hours ago: Following new legislation in Imbarien, the number of students attending university has reached a record high.
- 1 day 14 hours ago: Imbarien endorsed The People's Republic of Echolilia.
- 1 day 21 hours ago: Imbarien was endorsed by The People's Republic of Echolilia.
- 1 day 22 hours ago: Imbarien fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Mining Sector.
Endorsements Received: 73 » Dustwind, Blogotopia, Achiotopia, Edgemaster, Tzo, Wolfco, Christian Indonesia, Seranis, Screaming Saint, The Soylent Green Party, Western Zweiback, Kokkinostan, Ravenclaw Towers, Majestrix, Anollasia, Eaglleia, Thesan, Spadanera, Tinbo, Great-Bohemia, Solleana, Hayden Island, Jamestonian Empire, Osea Island, Lubnid, Rex Republic, Cammiwoo, Earth Federation, Beezelbub, Happy Kitten Death Chain Land, Dracoria, Mursilis, Kleedonia, Republic of VEW, Dolemios, Critterstan, KooKachoo, Terra Amazonia, The Blessed and Almighty Bog, Ayunli, Steidenland, Northern Koryeo, Britannium, Thomason, Wailfolk, YildizBona, Ardreas, Grungerock, Silvermain, Maddinville, and 23 others.Matterland, Takariland, Exemplaire, Fulheim, Cerb, Krallaria, Lahuland, Testa, Kelvinski, Christopolas, The imperial state of Japan, Jusra, Chronopolice, Biblical Importance, Flormenia, Marghita, Lost Islands of Pantagon, Coreras, Dendor, New Jenisico, Denly, Mondragonia, and Echolilia.