|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The Faceless Republic of Imbarien is a massive, economically powerful nation, ruled by Leader with an iron fist, and remarkable for its absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 4.343 billion Imbarienians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Defence, although Education and Law & Order are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Imbarien City. The average income tax rate is 99%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry.
The mob and the police have recently had numerous clashes in the back alleys of Imbarien's cities due to the government's steadfast anti-casino stance, houses and businesses are bulldozed to make way for ever-expanding cemeteries, children as young as six shock their parents by coming out of the closet, and the nation's diplomatic missives are now delivered via sniper rifle. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Imbarien's national animal is the Norn, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is a major religion, and its currency is the Coffeebean.
Most Recent Government Activity: 84 minutes ago
- 2 days 20 hours ago: Following new legislation in Imbarien, the nation's diplomatic missives are now delivered via sniper rifle.
- 2 days 20 hours ago: Following new legislation in Imbarien, children as young as six shock their parents by coming out of the closet.
- 3 days 1 hour ago: Imbarien voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Sciongrad".
- 3 days 20 hours ago: Following new legislation in Imbarien, houses and businesses are bulldozed to make way for ever-expanding cemeteries.
- 3 days 20 hours ago: Following new legislation in Imbarien, the mob and the police have recently had numerous clashes in the back alleys of Imbarien's cities due to the government's steadfast anti-casino stance.
- 4 days ago: Imbarien was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 4 days ago: Imbarien was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Corrupt Dictatorship".
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Imbarien, dozens of additional foreign policy specialists have been sent to the country's WA Mission.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Imbarien, married couples must call each other "darling" or risk a fine.
- 5 days ago: Imbarien was reclassified from "Corrupt Dictatorship" to "Democratic Socialists".
Endorsements Received: 48 » Dustwind, Blogotopia, Achiotopia, Tzo, Wolfco, Christian Indonesia, Seranis, Screaming Saint, The Soylent Green Party, Kokkinostan, Anollasia, Thesan, Spadanera, Tinbo, Solleana, Hayden Island, Jamestonian Empire, Osea Island, Rex Republic, Earth Federation, Dracoria, Critterstan, The Blessed and Almighty Bog, Northern Koryeo, Thomason, Grungerock, Silvermain, Matterland, Exemplaire, Fulheim, Lahuland, Testa, Kelvinski, Christopolas, The imperial state of Japan, Chronopolice, Marghita, Dendor, Benevolent Thomas, Mystiquelle, Naarang, Coreras, Daves most Amazing Nation To Ever Nation, Aeneasia, Badass Badassery, Republic Of Sindria, Beiluxia, and Ozylandias.