“Live Free or Emigrate.”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The Constitutional Monarchy of Ilstoria is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Queen Ilstoria III with a fair hand, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 3.466 billion hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, liberal government juggles the competing demands of the Environment, Education, and Defence. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ilstor. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology, Tourism, and Arms Manufacturing industries.
The government extracts trade concessions from poor nations in exchange for humanitarian aid, the rich are forced to sell their cars to pay for more police to prevent their cars from being stolen, thousands of former welfare recipients are in a revolutionary uproar as the rest of society is enjoying a hefty tax break, and political parties are banned from advertising and receiving private donations. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is a problem. Ilstoria's national animal is the ermine, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the rubil.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 days ago
- 4 days ago: Ilstoria was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Mondragonia.
- 5 days ago: Ilstoria fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Extreme.
- 5 days ago: Ilstoria fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Extreme.
- 6 days ago: Ilstoria was endorsed by The Anarchy of Blogotopia.
- 7 days ago: Ilstoria was endorsed by The Taco Autocracy of Benevolent Thomas.
- 8 days ago: Ilstoria was reclassified from "Anarchy" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Ilstoria, political parties are banned from advertising and receiving private donations.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Ilstoria, thousands of former welfare recipients are in a revolutionary uproar as the rest of society is enjoying a hefty tax break.
- 8 days ago: Ilstoria voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Auralia".
- 8 days ago: Ilstoria voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Cultural Site Preservation".
Endorsements Received: 29 » Anollasia, Dustwind, Robloxica, Osea Island, Lubnid, Achiotopia, Sionis Prioratus, Wisdomseekers, Samonaemia, Sino-Japan and Korea, Strafford, Cammiwoo, Rex Republic, Christian Indonesia, Happy Kitten Death Chain Land, Aquinoland, The Blessed and Almighty Bog, Northern Koryeo, Fulheim, Kelvinski, Cerb, Solleana, Biblical Importance, Spadanera, Germanic Unity, Indian Empire, The imperial state of Japan, Benevolent Thomas, and Blogotopia.