“Live Free or Emigrate.”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The Constitutional Monarchy of Ilstoria is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Queen Ilstoria III with a fair hand, and renowned for its complete absence of social welfare. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 2.928 billion hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, liberal government juggles the competing demands of the Environment, Education, and Defence. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ilstor. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 1%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Tourism and Arms Manufacturing.
Businesses often fire workers in favour of cheaper automatic systems, the tenet of free speech is held dear, 'The Anti-Government Hour' is a popular programme on many of Ilstoria's radio stations, and the government has cut its subsidies for all special interest groups. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is a serious problem. Ilstoria's national animal is the ermine, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the rubil.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 18 hours ago
- 3 days 18 hours ago: Ilstoria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Cultural Heritage Protection"".
- 4 days ago: Ilstoria was endorsed by The Catholic Republic of Steidenland.
- 8 days ago: Ilstoria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Renewable Energy Installations"".
- 19 days ago: Ilstoria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.
- 20 days ago: Ilstoria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- 23 days ago: Following new legislation in Ilstoria, the government has cut its subsidies for all special interest groups.
- 23 days ago: Following new legislation in Ilstoria, 'The Anti-Government Hour' is a popular programme on many of Ilstoria's radio stations.
- 23 days ago: Following new legislation in Ilstoria, the tenet of free speech is held dear.
- 23 days ago: Ilstoria voted against the World Assembly Resolution "International Arms Trading".
- 23 days ago: Ilstoria voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Luna Amore".
Endorsements Received: 32 » Anollasia, Eaglleia, Dustwind, Robloxica, Osea Island, Lubnid, Achiotopia, Sionis Prioratus, Nargodia, Wisdomseekers, Samonaemia, Sino-Japan and Korea, Strafford, Cammiwoo, Gitchie Manito, Beezelbub, Rex Republic, United Stochacist States, Christian Indonesia, Happy Kitten Death Chain Land, Aquinoland, The Blessed and Almighty Bog, Ayunli, Britannium, Northern Koryeo, Fulheim, Kelvinski, Cerb, Solleana, Biblical Importance, Spadanera, and Steidenland.