Regional Influence: Hegemony
The Bourbon Empire of Ile Royale is a massive, economically powerful nation, ruled by the Duc d'Orléans with a fair hand, and renowned for its complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 1.022 billion, all of whom are zombies, Ile Royaleans live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, liberal individuals is effectively ruled by the Department of Defence, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Social Equality receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nouvelle Paris. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Book Publishing industries.
Airport security is provided by private companies, terrified neighbors cower behind concertina wire and machine gun nests, cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates, and it is a common belief that a sport isn't sport if there are no decapitations. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Ile Royale's national animal is the Léon, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is Catholicism, and its currency is the Coronet.
Ile Royale is currently considering its options.
Survival Rate: 0.00%
Most Recent Government Activity: 15 days ago
- 2 days 20 hours ago: Ile Royale fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- 5 days ago: Ile Royale fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Insurance Industry.
- 9 days ago: Ile Royale was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- 11 days ago: Ile Royale fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 12 days ago: Ile Royale fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Gambling Industry.
- 31 days ago: Ile Royale fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Godforsaken.
- 40 days ago: Ile Royale fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- 47 days ago: Ile Royale fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- 58 days ago: Ile Royale fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- 60 days ago: Ile Royale fell out of the regional Top 10% for Rudest Citizens.