The Bourbon Empire of Ile Royale is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by the Duc d'Orléans with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, sprawling nuclear power plants, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 8.881 billion Ile Royaleans live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The minute, liberal government, or what there is of one, is effectively ruled by the Department of Defense, although Healthcare is also considered important, while Spirituality and Social Policy aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nouvelle Paris. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Ile Royalean economy, worth a remarkable 1,691 trillion Coronets a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Soda Sales. Average income is an impressive 190,447 Coronets, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 643,482 per year while the poor average 41,690, a ratio of 15.4 to 1.
Airport security is provided by private companies, terrified neighbors cower behind concertina wire and machine gun nests, cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates, and it is a common belief that a sport isn't sport if there are no decapitations. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Ile Royale's national animal is the Léon, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Catholicism.
Ile Royale is ranked 3rd in Renaissance and 22,499th in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring 152 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 days ago
- 132 days ago: Ile Royale fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- 134 days ago: Ile Royale fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Avoided.
- 149 days ago: Ile Royale fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- 152 days ago: Ile Royale fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Insurance Industry.
- 156 days ago: Ile Royale was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- 158 days ago: Ile Royale fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 159 days ago: Ile Royale fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Gambling Industry.
- 178 days ago: Ile Royale fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Godforsaken.
- 187 days ago: Ile Royale fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- 194 days ago: Ile Royale fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Agricultural Sector.