Regional Influence: Hegemony
The Bourbon Empire of Ile Royale is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by the Duc d'Orléans with a fair hand, and renowned for its complete lack of public education. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 8.54 billion Ile Royaleans live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The minute, liberal government, or what there is of one, is effectively ruled by the Department of Defense, with Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Social Policy receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nouvelle Paris. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Ile Royalean economy, worth a remarkable 1,631 trillion Coronets a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Soda Sales. Average income is an impressive 190,996 Coronets, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 645,336 per year while the poor average 41,810, a ratio of 15.4 to 1.
Airport security is provided by private companies, terrified neighbors cower behind concertina wire and machine gun nests, cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates, and it is a common belief that a sport isn't sport if there are no decapitations. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Ile Royale's national animal is the Léon, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 12 days ago
- 72 days ago: Ile Royale fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- 74 days ago: Ile Royale fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Avoided.
- 90 days ago: Ile Royale fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- 93 days ago: Ile Royale fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Insurance Industry.
- 96 days ago: Ile Royale was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- 98 days ago: Ile Royale fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 100 days ago: Ile Royale fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Gambling Industry.
- 119 days ago: Ile Royale fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Godforsaken.
- 128 days ago: Ile Royale fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- 135 days ago: Ile Royale fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Agricultural Sector.