The Bourbon Empire of Ile Royale is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by the Duc d'Orléans with a fair hand, and notable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, daily referendums, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 11.257 billion Ile Royaleans live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The minute, liberal government, or what there is of one, is effectively ruled by the Department of Defense, although Healthcare is also considered important, while Spirituality and Social Policy are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nouvelle Paris. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Ile Royalean economy, worth a remarkable 2,214 trillion Coronets a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Soda Sales, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 196,730 Coronets, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 664,710 per year while the poor average 43,065, a ratio of 15.4 to 1.
Airport security is provided by private companies, terrified neighbors cower behind concertina wire and machine gun nests, cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates, and it is a common belief that a sport isn't sport if there are no decapitations. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Ile Royale's national animal is the Léon, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ile Royale was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- : Ile Royale was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : Ile Royale was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Nudest.
- : Ile Royale was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Soda Pop Sector, Fattest Citizens, Largest Pizza Delivery Sector, Most Armed, and Rudest Citizens.
- : Ile Royale altered its national flag.
- : Ile Royale was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Soda Pop Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- : Ile Royale fell out of the world Top 10% for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- : Ile Royale's influence in Renaissance fell from "Hermit" to "Hegemony".
- : Ile Royale's influence in Renaissance rose from "Apprentice" to "Hermit".
- : Ile Royale relocated from Balder to Renaissance.