The Bourbon Empire of Ile Royale is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by the Duc d'Orléans with a fair hand, and notable for its unlimited-speed roads, complete lack of public education, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 9.483 billion Ile Royaleans live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The minute, liberal government, or what there is of one, is effectively ruled by the Department of Defense, with Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Social Policy are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nouvelle Paris. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Ile Royalean economy, worth a remarkable 1,806 trillion Coronets a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Soda Sales. Average income is an impressive 190,447 Coronets, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 643,482 per year while the poor average 41,690, a ratio of 15.4 to 1.
Airport security is provided by private companies, terrified neighbors cower behind concertina wire and machine gun nests, cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates, and it is a common belief that a sport isn't sport if there are no decapitations. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Ile Royale's national animal is the Léon, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 days ago
- 33 days ago: Ile Royale fell out of the world Top 5% for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- 89 days ago: Ile Royale was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Fattest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 92 days ago: Ile Royale was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- 98 days ago: Ile Royale was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Soda Pop Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 232 days ago: Ile Royale fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- 234 days ago: Ile Royale fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Avoided.
- 249 days ago: Ile Royale fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- 252 days ago: Ile Royale fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Insurance Industry.
- 256 days ago: Ile Royale was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- 258 days ago: Ile Royale fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.