The Holy Red Concord of Ikonja is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by its federal government with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, public floggings, and daily referendums. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 15.864 billion Ikonjans are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The minute government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of El Cruce de Canales. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Ikonjan economy, worth a remarkable 4,586 trillion meritoes a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Soda Sales. Average income is an amazing 289,095 meritoes, with the richest citizens earning 9.7 times as much as the poorest.
Citizens can be frequently spotted going about their business stark naked, wealthy parents-to-be can select their perfect baby, prisoners work-share to cut down rising costs of keeping them in jail, and voting is compulsory. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Ikonja's national animal is the Haribon, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ikonja's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Ikonja's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Ikonja was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Efficient Economies, Lowest Overall Tax Burden, Largest Soda Pop Sector, Largest Furniture Restoration Industry, and Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- : Ikonja was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Ikonja ceased to exist.
- : Ikonja was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- : Ikonja was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector (last census: Top 1%).
- : Ikonja was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
- : Ikonja was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- : Ikonja was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans (last census: Top 5%).