The Holy Red Concord of Ikonja is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by its federal government with an even hand, and notable for its public floggings, unlimited-speed roads, and strictly enforced bedtime. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 15.572 billion Ikonjans are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The minute government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of El Cruce de Canales. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Ikonjan economy, worth a remarkable 4,462 trillion meritoes a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Book Publishing. Average income is an amazing 286,574 meritoes, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 808,937 per year while the poor average 81,267, a ratio of 10.0 to 1.
Citizens can be frequently spotted going about their business stark naked, wealthy parents-to-be can select their perfect baby, prisoners work-share to cut down rising costs of keeping them in jail, and voting is compulsory. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Ikonja's national animal is the Haribon, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 26 days ago
- 6 days ago: Ikonja was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- 13 days ago: Ikonja was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
- 28 days ago: Ikonja was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Armed.
- 28 days ago: Ikonja was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Armed.
- 30 days ago: Ikonja was refounded in Lazarus.
- 64 days ago: Ikonja ceased to exist.
- 82 days ago: Ikonja was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 82 days ago: Ikonja was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 87 days ago: Ikonja was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Rudest Citizens.
- 95 days ago: Following new legislation in Ikonja, voting is compulsory.