“Confiamos en Humanidad.”
|Category: Capitalist Paradise|
Regional Influence: Powerbroker
Location: The Second Coming of Vex
The Citizens' Concord of Ikonja is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by its federal government with an even hand, and remarkable for its parental licensing program. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 14.205 billion Ikonjans are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Commerce, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of El Cruce de Canales. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 1%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Automobile Manufacturing and Soda Sales.
The government has enacted freedom of information, the government has become increasingly militant, the government regularly hires contractors to construct high rise apartments, and there is now a private sector based on doomsday devices (Ikonja has found 3 easter eggs). Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ikonja's national animal is the Haribon, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the merito.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 15 hours ago
- 24 days ago: Ikonja voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Riftend".
- 24 days ago: Ikonja voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Cyber Security Act".
- 32 days ago: Ikonja voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Convention on Fracking".
- 32 days ago: Ikonja lodged a message on the The Second Coming of Vex Regional Message Board.
- 35 days ago: Ikonja fell out of the world Top 10% for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 39 days ago: Ikonja was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Retail Industry (last census: Top 1%).
- 40 days ago: Ikonja's influence in The Second Coming of Vex fell from "Power" to "Powerbroker".
- 47 days ago: Ikonja was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 50 days ago: Ikonja was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry (last census: Top 1%).
- 76 days ago: Ikonja voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Nuclear Security Convention".
Endorsements Received: 1 » The Arkbird.