“Dei Deducit Os Nihil Nocet”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Vassal
Location: 10000 Islands
The Federal Sovereign States of Ikhlaqistan is a massive, genial nation, ruled by President Ikhlaq with an even hand, and notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, hard-working population of 4.623 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Defence, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Deracus. The average income tax rate is 91%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry.
Military spending is on the increase, inheritance tax has recently been abolished, long arduous trials are held for the most trivial of offences, and torture is illegal. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ikhlaqistan's national animal is the Black-Hawk Eagle, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Sunni Islam, and its currency is the Islaq.
Most Recent Government Activity: 14 days ago
- 9 days ago: Ikhlaqistan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- 12 days ago: Ikhlaqistan fell out of the world Top 1% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 12 days ago: Ikhlaqistan fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 14 days ago: Ikhlaqistan relocated from Osiris to 10000 Islands.
- 14 days ago: Ikhlaqistan was refounded in Osiris.
- 62 days ago: Ikhlaqistan ceased to exist.
- 90 days ago: Ikhlaqistan changed its national capital to "Deracus".
- 90 days ago: Ikhlaqistan altered its national flag.
- 112 days ago: Ikhlaqistan applied to join the World Assembly.
- 112 days ago: Ikhlaqistan relocated from Balder to 10000 Islands.