“I am the hero of Africa!”
|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: North Africa
The Dictatorship of Idi Amin Dada is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 2.574 billion Idi Amin Dadans are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defence, and Commerce. The average income tax rate is 51%, and even higher for the wealthy. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Woodchip Exports.
Hippos are considered a delicacy, military spending is on the increase, high-income earners pay a 100% tax rate, and military spending recently hit a new high. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is relatively low, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Idi Amin Dada's national animal is the Hippo, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Uganda Pound.
Most Recent Government Activity: 16 days ago
- 16 days ago: Idi Amin Dada relocated from Flevoland to North Africa.
- 16 days ago: Idi Amin Dada altered its national flag.
- 16 days ago: Idi Amin Dada relocated from Balder to Flevoland.
- 16 days ago: Idi Amin Dada was refounded in Balder.
- 316 days ago: Idi Amin Dada ceased to exist.
- 342 days ago: Idi Amin Dada was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Income Equality (last census: Top 10%).
- 1 year 11 days ago: Idi Amin Dada relocated from Arabia to North Africa.
- 1 year 11 days ago: Idi Amin Dada relocated from Osiris to Arabia.
- 1 year 11 days ago: Idi Amin Dada altered its national flag.
- 1 year 11 days ago: Idi Amin Dada was refounded.