The Dictatorship of Idi Amin Dada is a massive, safe nation, notable for its compulsory military service, state-planned economy, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 3.158 billion Idi Amin Dadans are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Industry. The average income tax rate is 71.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but sluggish Idi Amin Dadan economy, worth 93.1 trillion Uganda Pounds a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient black market in Beef-Based Agriculture, Woodchip Exports, Furniture Restoration, and Pizza Delivery. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 29,466 Uganda Pounds, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Hippos are considered a delicacy, military spending is on the increase, high-income earners pay a 100% tax rate, and military spending recently hit a new high. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Idi Amin Dada's national animal is the Hippo, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Idi Amin Dada's influence in North Africa rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Idi Amin Dada's influence in North Africa rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Idi Amin Dada's influence in North Africa rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Idi Amin Dada's influence in North Africa rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : Idi Amin Dada altered its national flag.
- : Idi Amin Dada relocated from Balder to North Africa.
- : Idi Amin Dada was refounded in Balder.
- : Idi Amin Dada ceased to exist.
- : Idi Amin Dada was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Godforsaken.
- : Idi Amin Dada relocated from Flevoland to North Africa.