The Uciniple Colony of Icotopia is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Governor Erickson with a fair hand, and remarkable for its strictly enforced bedtime, daily referendums, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 6.909 billion Icotopians live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The tiny, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Burien. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Icotopian economy, worth a remarkable 1,731 trillion Donueds a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is an amazing 250,683 Donueds, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,300,057 per year while the poor average 26,190, a ratio of 49.6 to 1.
Brasilistanis face layers of paperwork in a different language just to visit a doctor, the commercialisation of highly deadly weapons has instilled Icotopia with a very polite populace, Icotopia successfully hosted the Uciniple Olympics, and soylent products are an expensive commodity due to a lack of volunteers. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Icotopia's national animal is the Mountain Lion, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity: 21 days ago
- 22 hours ago: Icotopia's influence in Uciniple rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- 2 days 8 hours ago: Icotopia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- 3 days 8 hours ago: Icotopia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Fattest Citizens.
- 8 days ago: Icotopia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 13 days ago: Icotopia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Armed (last census: Top 1%).
- 13 days ago: Icotopia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Armed.
- 14 days ago: Icotopia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Godforsaken (last census: Top 5%).
- 14 days ago: Icotopia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Godforsaken.
- 15 days ago: Icotopia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- 16 days ago: Icotopia's influence in Uciniple rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".