The Uciniple Colony of Icotopia is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Governor Erickson with a fair hand, and renowned for its unlimited-speed roads, strictly enforced bedtime, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 6.557 billion Icotopians live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The tiny, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Burien. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Icotopian economy, worth a remarkable 1,622 trillion Donueds a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is an amazing 247,458 Donueds, but there is an enormous disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,379,581 per year while the poor average 22,160, a ratio of 62.3 to 1.
The government has started a campaign to crack down on road rage and encourage alternate means of commuting, government-run screening operations remove embryos with severe genetic disorders, marketing departments of corporate giants compete to sponsor little league teams, and Saturday morning cartoons feature full frontal nudity. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Icotopia's national animal is the Mountain Lion, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 days ago
- 13 hours ago: Icotopia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Manufacturing Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 14 hours ago: Icotopia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- 2 days 13 hours ago: Icotopia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Gambling Industry.
- 4 days ago: Icotopia was refounded in Osiris.
- 172 days ago: Icotopia ceased to exist.
- 177 days ago: Icotopia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nudest.
- 177 days ago: Icotopia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Nudest.
- 180 days ago: Icotopia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- 184 days ago: Icotopia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- 188 days ago: Icotopia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Fattest Citizens.