The TAR Elder Statesman of Icamera is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by President Mark Abacoba with a fair hand, and renowned for its compulsory military service, ubiquitous missile silos, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, cheerful population of 8.75 billion Icamerans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Haplidahipe. The average income tax rate is 86.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Icameran economy, worth 927 trillion ladrolas a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism. Average income is an impressive 105,979 ladrolas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
The government extracts trade concessions from poor nations in exchange for humanitarian aid, an increasingly villainous series of sports coaches are demanding the national mascot's true identity, elections have become procedural nightmares due to voters persistently rejecting candidates, and rundown towns are frequently sold to billionaires for their pet projects. Crime, especially youth-related, is a major problem, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Icamera's national animal is the giraffe, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Blueism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 17 days ago
- 13 days ago: Icamera was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Influential (last census: Top 5%).
- 14 days ago: Icamera was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 16 days ago: Icamera's influence in The Allied Republics rose from "Envoy" to "Diplomat".
- 24 days ago: Icamera was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Smartest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 25 days ago: Icamera was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 5%).
- 25 days ago: Icamera fell out of the regional Top 5% for Best Weather.
- 26 days ago: Following new legislation in Icamera, rundown towns are frequently sold to billionaires for their pet projects.
- 26 days ago: Following new legislation in Icamera, elections have become procedural nightmares due to voters persistently rejecting candidates.
- 28 days ago: Icamera fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 28 days ago: Icamera fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
Endorsements Received: None.