The TAR Elder Statesman of Icamera is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by President Mark Abacoba with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, cheerful population of 11.664 billion Icamerans enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The large, liberal government prioritizes Education, with Healthcare, Environment, and Defense also on the agenda, while Spirituality isn't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Haplidahipe. The average income tax rate is 77.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Icameran economy, worth a remarkable 1,316 trillion ladrolas a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Information Technology. Average income is an impressive 112,865 ladrolas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Condemned prisoners spend hours a day sitting in lotus position looking perplexed, drunk drivers are sent to rehabilitation paid for by the government, the tenet of free speech is held dear, and Max Barry is this year's Miss Icamera. Crime, especially youth-related, is a serious problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Icamera's national animal is the giraffe, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Icamera's influence in The Allied Republics rose from "Powerbroker" to "Power".
- : Icamera's influence in The Allied Republics fell from "Power" to "Powerbroker".
- : Icamera endorsed The Territory of Free States of Canada.
- : Icamera altered its national flag.
- : Icamera was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Icamera applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Icamera lodged a message on the The Allied Republics Regional Message Board.
- : Icamera's influence in The Allied Republics rose from "Zero" to "Power".
- : Icamera relocated from Balder to The Allied Republics.
- : Icamera's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
Endorsements Received: None.