The TAR Elder Statesman of Icamera is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by President Mark Abacoba with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 9.753 billion Icamerans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Haplidahipe. The average income tax rate is 87.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Icameran economy, worth a remarkable 1,065 trillion ladrolas a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 109,294 ladrolas, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Wounded veterans can only get prosthetics if they agree to become walking billboards for the arms industry, the military recognizes no difference between male and female soldiers, fraternities are notorious for drunken hooliganism, and military spending recently hit a new high. Crime, especially youth-related, is a serious problem, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Icamera's national animal is the giraffe, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Blueism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Icamera fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Godforsaken.
- : Icamera voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The World Assembly".
- : Icamera was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments (last census: Top 10%).
- : Icamera's influence in The Allied Republics rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".
- : Icamera was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Drug Use (last census: Top 5%).
- : Icamera was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- : Icamera was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- : Icamera's influence in The Allied Republics rose from "Enforcer" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Icamera lodged a message on the The Allied Republics Regional Message Board.
- : Icamera voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Civilian Aircraft Accord".
Endorsements Received: None.