The TAR Elder Statesman of Icamera is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by President Mark Abacoba with a fair hand, and notable for its daily referendums, complete lack of prisons, and smutty television. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, cheerful population of 8.577 billion Icamerans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Haplidahipe. The average income tax rate is 86.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Icameran economy, worth 901 trillion ladrolas a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism. Average income is an impressive 105,147 ladrolas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Several citizens have complained about scientists abducting their pets for experimentation, Icamera has been recently classified as an international menace after 'liberating' several nearby territories, the government extracts trade concessions from poor nations in exchange for humanitarian aid, and an increasingly villainous series of sports coaches are demanding the national mascot's true identity. Crime, especially youth-related, is a major problem, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Icamera's national animal is the giraffe, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Blueism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 days ago
- 9 hours ago: Icamera fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 9 hours ago: Icamera fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Icamera, an increasingly villainous series of sports coaches are demanding the national mascot's true identity.
- 5 days ago: Icamera lodged a message on the The Allied Republics Regional Message Board.
- 10 days ago: Icamera endorsed The Union of Free States of America.
- 11 days ago: Icamera was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 12 days ago: Icamera's influence in The Allied Republics fell from "Diplomat" to "Envoy".
- 13 days ago: Icamera was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Influential.
- 15 days ago: Icamera was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- 16 days ago: Icamera's influence in The Allied Republics rose from "Envoy" to "Diplomat".
Endorsements Received: None.