The TAR Elder Statesman of Icamera is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by President Mark Abacoba with a fair hand, and renowned for its smutty television, keen interest in outer space, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, cheerful population of 10.476 billion Icamerans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Haplidahipe. The average income tax rate is 88.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Icameran economy, worth a remarkable 1,138 trillion ladrolas a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism. Average income is an impressive 108,676 ladrolas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Wounded veterans can only get prosthetics if they agree to become walking billboards for the arms industry, the military recognizes no difference between male and female soldiers, fraternities are notorious for drunken hooliganism, and military spending recently hit a new high. Crime, especially youth-related, is a serious problem, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Icamera's national animal is the giraffe, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Blueism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Icamera's influence in The Allied Republics rose from "Powerbroker" to "Power".
- : Icamera fell out of the regional Top 10% for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Icamera voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Promotion of Clean Energy".
- : Icamera endorsed The Territory of Free States of Canada.
- : Icamera fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : The Territory of Free States of Canada appointed Icamera as Former President with authority over Appearance, Communications, Embassies, and Polls in The Allied Republics.
- : Icamera lodged a message on the The Allied States Regional Message Board.
- : Icamera fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Icamera fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : Icamera voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The Royal Lagrangian".
Endorsements Received: None.