|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Envoy
Location: The Allied Republics
The TAR Elder Statesman of Icamera is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by President Mark Abacoba with a fair hand, and renowned for its happy-go-lucky citizens. The compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 7.636 billion Icamerans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, liberal government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Education, although the Environment and Defence are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Haplidahipe. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 78%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Abortions are routinely performed in Icamera's hospitals, the country is preparing for war, Icamera's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region, and military spending recently hit a new high. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling, probably because of the country's utter lack of prisons. Icamera's national animal is the giraffe, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Blueism, and its currency is the ladrola.
Most Recent Government Activity: 9 hours ago
- 4 days ago: Icamera was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Populations (last census: Top 10%).
- 6 days ago: Icamera fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 23 days ago: Icamera fell out of the world Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 25 days ago: Icamera lodged a message on the The Allied Republics Regional Message Board.
- 26 days ago: Icamera was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Godforsaken (last census: Top 10%).
- 39 days ago: Icamera lodged a message on the The Allied Republics Regional Message Board.
- 40 days ago: Icamera fell out of the regional Top 10% for Smartest Citizens.
- 45 days ago: Icamera was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare (last census: Top 5%).
- 50 days ago: Icamera was reclassified from "Anarchy" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- 58 days ago: Icamera fell out of the regional Top 10% for Least Corrupt Governments.
Endorsements Received: None.