The TAR Elder Statesman of Icamera is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by President Mark Abacoba with an even hand, and notable for its anti-smoking policies, keen interest in outer space, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, cheerful population of 11.86 billion Icamerans enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The large, liberal government prioritizes Education, although Healthcare, Environment, and Defense are also considered important, while Spirituality isn't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Haplidahipe. The average income tax rate is 78.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Icameran economy, worth a remarkable 1,340 trillion ladrolas a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Information Technology. Average income is an impressive 113,067 ladrolas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Condemned prisoners spend hours a day sitting in lotus position looking perplexed, drunk drivers are sent to rehabilitation paid for by the government, the tenet of free speech is held dear, and Max Barry is this year's Miss Icamera. Crime, especially youth-related, is a serious problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Icamera's national animal is the giraffe, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Icamera was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Nudest and Longest Average Lifespans and the Top 10% for Best Weather.
- : Icamera voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn DEN"".
- : Icamera was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Nudest and the Top 10% for Best Weather.
- : Icamera was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Icamera's influence in The Allied Republics rose from "Powerbroker" to "Power".
- : Icamera's influence in The Allied Republics fell from "Power" to "Powerbroker".
- : Icamera endorsed The Territory of Free States of Canada.
- : Icamera altered its national flag.
- : Icamera was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Icamera applied to join the World Assembly.
Endorsements Received: None.