|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The United Tribes Monarchy of Ibo-Biafra is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Babacar III with an even hand, and notable for its keen interest in outer space. The compassionate population of 4.893 billion Ibo-Biafrans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Defence, although Commerce and Education are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Djibouti. The average income tax rate is 90%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Tourism industry, followed by Book Publishing and Information Technology.
Expensive lawyers are hired to defend citizens in court for public urination charges against their pets, the new hit series "Ibo-Biafra's Got Trauma" has corporate executives fleeing the country, schoolchildren have twice-weekly sex education classes, and voting is compulsory. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ibo-Biafra's national animal is the Yedebub Biheroch Bihereseboch na Hizboch, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the halali kila mahali.
Most Recent Government Activity: 9 days ago
- 1 day 1 hour ago: Ibo-Biafra was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans (last census: Top 5%).
- 13 days ago: Ibo-Biafra was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced (last census: Top 5%).
- 13 days ago: Ibo-Biafra was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Democratic Socialists".
- 15 days ago: Ibo-Biafra fell out of the regional Top 10% for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 22 days ago: Ibo-Biafra was endorsed by The Mouse-a-rific Mousetastic Moderator Mousedom of Mousebumples.
- 24 days ago: Ibo-Biafra was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential (last census: Top 10%).
- 24 days ago: Ibo-Biafra was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Influential.
- 26 days ago: Ibo-Biafra was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Public Sector.
- 28 days ago: Ibo-Biafra was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Godforsaken (last census: Top 5%).
- 28 days ago: Ibo-Biafra endorsed The United States of Kiosland.