The Inane Ravings of I V Stalin is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Rob the Insane with a fair hand, and renowned for its public floggings, daily referendums, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, democratic, humorless population of 22.321 billion Stalinists enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The tiny, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lyonesse. The average income tax rate is 1.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Stalinist economy, worth a remarkable 7,158 trillion foliages a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Information Technology, and Basket Weaving. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 320,689 foliages, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Crowds of flag-burning protesters tend to accidentally become crowds of burning protesters, elections have become procedural nightmares due to voters persistently rejecting candidates, an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents, and construction of the Really Big Hadron Collider is underway. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. I V Stalin's national animal is the llama, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Biblioholism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : I V Stalin was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Efficient Economies.
- : I V Stalin was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden and the Top 10% for Most Advanced Public Education.
- : I V Stalin's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : I V Stalin's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : I V Stalin's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : I V Stalin was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates and Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry and the Top 5% for Highest Wealthy Incomes.
- : I V Stalin's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : I V Stalin was refounded in Balder.
- : I V Stalin ceased to exist.
- : I V Stalin was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced, Largest Manufacturing Sector, Highest Average Incomes, Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector, and Largest Mining Sector.