“It's for your own good”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Inane Ravings of I V Stalin is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Rob the Insane with a fair hand, and notable for its complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, intelligent population of 11.467 billion, 11.363 billion of whom are zombies, Stalinists enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded individuals concentrates mainly on Education, although Healthcare and Commerce are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lyonesse. The average income tax rate is 35%, but much higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry.
Crowds of flag-burning protesters tend to accidentally become crowds of burning protesters, elections have become procedural nightmares due to voters persistently rejecting candidates, an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents, and construction of the Really Big Hadron Collider is underway. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown. I V Stalin's national animal is the llama, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is Biblioholism, and its currency is the foliage.
I V Stalin is currently considering its options.
Survival Rate: 0.50%
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 16 hours ago
- 1 day 16 hours ago: I V Stalin was refounded in Lazarus.
- 11 days ago: I V Stalin ceased to exist.
- 14 days ago: I V Stalin fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Developed.
- 31 days ago: I V Stalin was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Godforsaken (last census: Top 5%).
- 68 days ago: I V Stalin fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- 85 days ago: I V Stalin was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Nudest.
- 107 days ago: I V Stalin changed its national demonym to "Stalinist" and its demonym adjective to "Stalinist".
- 122 days ago: I V Stalin was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential (last census: Top 1%).
- 179 days ago: I V Stalin was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Godforsaken (last census: Top 1%).
- 212 days ago: I V Stalin was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.