“It's for your own good”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Inane Ravings of I V Stalin is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Rob the Insane with a fair hand, and notable for its public floggings, restrictive gun laws, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, democratic, humorless population of 21.088 billion Stalinists enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The tiny, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lyonesse. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Stalinist economy, worth a remarkable 6,794 trillion foliages a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Information Technology, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 322,180 foliages, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Crowds of flag-burning protesters tend to accidentally become crowds of burning protesters, elections have become procedural nightmares due to voters persistently rejecting candidates, an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents, and construction of the Really Big Hadron Collider is underway. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. I V Stalin's national animal is the llama, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Biblioholism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 27 days ago
- 7 hours ago: I V Stalin was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector (last census: Top 1%).
- 7 hours ago: I V Stalin was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- 4 days ago: I V Stalin was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- 6 days ago: I V Stalin was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Public Sector.
- 7 days ago: I V Stalin was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Free.
- 9 days ago: I V Stalin was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- 12 days ago: I V Stalin was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Avoided.
- 14 days ago: I V Stalin was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- 15 days ago: I V Stalin was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 18 days ago: I V Stalin was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Largest Populations.