“Defend New Egypt or Die Trying! Hooyah!!!”
|Category: Capitalist Paradise|
Regional Influence: Power
Location: New Egypt
The Elven Assassin State of HyperionSun is a colossal, devout nation, ruled by Reanna with an even hand, and renowned for its complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 5.167 billion Wood Elves are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, corrupt, pro-business individuals is effectively ruled by the Department of Defence, with areas such as Social Equality and Social Welfare receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rivendell. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry.
Surrealist houses shaped like mushrooms and volcanoes dominate the wealthiest neighborhoods, the new prison system is crowding up at an alarming rate, HyperionSun is notorious for its citizens' infidelity, and hundreds of thousands of convicts work as slaves in HyperionSun's many privately-owned prisons. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling. HyperionSun's national animal is the Chimera, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is Christianity, and its currency is the Drachma.
Most Recent Government Activity: 12 hours ago
- 8 hours ago: HyperionSun was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Insurance Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in HyperionSun, hundreds of thousands of convicts work as slaves in HyperionSun's many privately-owned prisons.
- 1 day 8 hours ago: HyperionSun fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- 1 day 12 hours ago: HyperionSun proposed constructing embassies between New Egypt and Syndicate of Unity.
- 1 day 21 hours ago: Following new legislation in HyperionSun, HyperionSun is notorious for its citizens' infidelity.
- 3 days 2 hours ago: HyperionSun created a new poll in New Egypt: "What do you want for Christmas?".
- 3 days 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in HyperionSun, the new prison system is crowding up at an alarming rate.
- 3 days 14 hours ago: HyperionSun lodged a message on the New Egypt Regional Message Board.
- 3 days 15 hours ago: HyperionSun lodged a message on the New Egypt Regional Message Board.
- 4 days ago: HyperionSun was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
Endorsements Received: None.