The Elven Assassin State of HyperionSun is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Reanna with an even hand, and notable for its public floggings, smutty television, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 5.791 billion Wood Elves are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The tiny, pro-business government is solely concerned with Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rivendell. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 3.5%.
The frighteningly efficient HyperionSunian economy, worth 894 trillion Drachmas a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Gambling, Retail, and Information Technology. Average income is an impressive 154,458 Drachmas, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 465,461 per year while the poor average 39,959, a ratio of 11.6 to 1.
The new prison system is crowding up at an alarming rate, HyperionSun is notorious for its citizens' infidelity, hundreds of thousands of convicts work as slaves in HyperionSun's many privately-owned prisons, and HyperionSun's leader goes out to lunch surrounded by large men in dark glasses. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. HyperionSun's national animal is the Chimera, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity: 22 hours ago
- 1 day 6 hours ago: HyperionSun fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- 2 days 5 hours ago: HyperionSun was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 2 days 18 hours ago: HyperionSun created a new poll in New Egypt: "Should we speed up the story a few years?".
- 2 days 18 hours ago: HyperionSun lodged a message on the New Egypt Regional Message Board.
- 3 days 6 hours ago: HyperionSun fell out of the regional Top 10% for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
- 5 days ago: HyperionSun fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Retail Industry.
- 8 days ago: HyperionSun fell out of the regional Top 5% for Largest Mining Sector.
- 12 days ago: HyperionSun was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- 13 days ago: HyperionSun agreed to construct embassies between New Egypt and Iraq.
- 23 days ago: HyperionSun lodged a message on the New Egypt Regional Message Board.
Endorsements Received: None.