The Elven Assassin State of HyperionSun is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Reanna with an even hand, and remarkable for its compulsory military service, complete lack of public education, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 5.905 billion Wood Elves enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
The tiny, pro-business government is solely concerned with Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rivendell. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 4.0%.
The frighteningly efficient HyperionSunian economy, worth 913 trillion Drachmas a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Gambling, Retail, and Information Technology. Average income is an impressive 154,768 Drachmas, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 466,397 per year while the poor average 40,039, a ratio of 11.6 to 1.
HyperionSun is notorious for its citizens' infidelity, hundreds of thousands of convicts work as slaves in HyperionSun's many privately-owned prisons, HyperionSun's leader goes out to lunch surrounded by large men in dark glasses, and the nation has always been at war with Bigtopia. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. HyperionSun's national animal is the Chimera, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 hours ago
- 4 hours ago: Following new legislation in HyperionSun, the nation has always been at war with Bigtopia.
- 5 days ago: HyperionSun lodged a message on the New Egypt Regional Message Board.
- 9 days ago: HyperionSun was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Rudest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 9 days ago: HyperionSun fell out of the regional Top 5% for Rudest Citizens.
- 11 days ago: HyperionSun was reclassified from "Capitalist Paradise" to "Capitalizt".
- 11 days ago: HyperionSun lodged a message on the New Egypt Regional Message Board.
- 14 days ago: HyperionSun lodged a message on the New Egypt Regional Message Board.
- 20 days ago: HyperionSun fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- 21 days ago: HyperionSun was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 22 days ago: HyperionSun created a new poll in New Egypt: "Should we speed up the story a few years?".
Endorsements Received: None.