The Kingdom of Light of HyperionSun is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Golden High King Gilgamesh with an even hand, and renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, public floggings, and unlimited-speed roads. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless, devout population of 8.517 billion Angels enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
The tiny, corrupt, pro-business government is effectively ruled by the Department of Defense, with Welfare and Social Policy not funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of City of Gold. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 3.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Angel economy, worth a remarkable 1,543 trillion Drachmas a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Gambling, Information Technology, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 181,203 Drachmas, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 739,178 per year while the poor average 29,449, a ratio of 25.1 to 1.
Shaken martini sales have soared in nations surrounding HyperionSun, the native owl population is in permanent hibernation, the nation is known as the cheapskates of New Egypt, and government buildings are being cleansed for anything that might have racist connotations. Crime is pervasive, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. HyperionSun's national animal is the Chimera, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : HyperionSun resigned from the World Assembly.
- : HyperionSun was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Fattest Citizens, the Top 5% for Most Influential, and the Top 10% for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : HyperionSun was reclassified from "Capitalist Paradise" to "Capitalizt".
- : HyperionSun was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- : HyperionSun was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : HyperionSun's influence in New Egypt rose from "Superpower" to "Hegemony".
- : HyperionSun was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Stationary.
- : HyperionSun was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Gambling Industry and Most Armed and the Top 5% for Rudest Citizens, Largest Insurance Industry, and Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- : HyperionSun's influence in New Egypt fell from "Hegemony" to "Superpower".
- : HyperionSun fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.