The Elven Assassin State of HyperionSun is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Reanna with an even hand, and renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, public floggings, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 5.602 billion Wood Elves are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The tiny, pro-business government is solely concerned with Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rivendell. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 3.4%.
The frighteningly efficient HyperionSunian economy, worth 865 trillion Drachmas a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Gambling, Retail, and Information Technology. Average income is an impressive 154,415 Drachmas, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 465,332 per year while the poor average 39,948, a ratio of 11.6 to 1.
The new prison system is crowding up at an alarming rate, HyperionSun is notorious for its citizens' infidelity, hundreds of thousands of convicts work as slaves in HyperionSun's many privately-owned prisons, and HyperionSun's leader goes out to lunch surrounded by large men in dark glasses. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. HyperionSun's national animal is the Chimera, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 14 hours ago
- 2 days 9 hours ago: HyperionSun was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 9 days ago: HyperionSun changed the regional password in New Egypt.
- 10 days ago: HyperionSun was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Godforsaken.
- 11 days ago: HyperionSun fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Gambling Industry.
- 12 days ago: HyperionSun updated the World Factbook entry in New Egypt.
- 12 days ago: HyperionSun agreed to construct embassies between New Egypt and The Red Raiders.
- 13 days ago: HyperionSun fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- 13 days ago: HyperionSun fell out of the regional Top 5% for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- 16 days ago: HyperionSun was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Cheese Export Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 16 days ago: HyperionSun fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
Endorsements Received: None.