The Republic of Hyosung is a colossal, safe nation, renowned for its punitive income tax rates and restrictive gun laws. The cynical population of 5.922 billion Hyosungians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The enormous, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government prioritizes Spirituality, with Environment, Social Policy, and International Aid also on the agenda. The average income tax rate is 57.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Hyosungian economy, worth 16.3 trillion asdfs a year, is highly specialized and led by the Basket Weaving industry, with major contributions from Soda Sales, Uranium Mining, and Automobile Manufacturing. Black market activity is extensive. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 2,758 asdfs, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Hyosung's national animal is the asdf.
Hyosung is ranked 3,648th in Lazarus and 120,892nd in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring 0 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity: 37 days ago
- 22 days ago: Hyosung was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Authoritarian.
- 37 days ago: Hyosung was refounded in Lazarus.
- 75 days ago: Hyosung ceased to exist.
- 99 days ago: Hyosung was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Authoritarian.
- 135 days ago: Hyosung relocated from Balder to The Moon.
- 135 days ago: Hyosung altered its national flag.
- 135 days ago: Hyosung was refounded in Balder.
- 142 days ago: Hyosung ceased to exist.
- 183 days ago: Hyosung was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Income Equality (last census: Top 5%).
- 187 days ago: Hyosung was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Conservative.