The Republic of Hyosung is a colossal, orderly nation, renowned for its punitive income tax rates and restrictive gun laws. The cynical population of 5.42 billion Hyosungians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The enormous, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government prioritizes Spirituality, although Environment, Social Policy, and International Aid are also considered important. The average income tax rate is 57.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Hyosungian economy, worth 15.0 trillion asdfs a year, is highly specialized and led by the Basket Weaving industry, with major contributions from Soda Sales, Uranium Mining, and Automobile Manufacturing. Black market activity is extensive. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 2,758 asdfs, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Hyosung's national animal is the asdf.
Most Recent Government Activity: 14 days ago
- 14 days ago: Hyosung relocated from Balder to The Moon.
- 14 days ago: Hyosung altered its national flag.
- 14 days ago: Hyosung was refounded in Balder.
- 21 days ago: Hyosung ceased to exist.
- 62 days ago: Hyosung was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Income Equality (last census: Top 5%).
- 66 days ago: Hyosung was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Conservative.
- 75 days ago: Hyosung was ranked #1 in the region for Most Authoritarian (last census: Top 1%).
- 105 days ago: Hyosung was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Primitive.
- 107 days ago: Hyosung was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Income Equality (last census: Top 1%).
- 107 days ago: Hyosung was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Income Equality.