The Republic of Hyosung is a colossal, safe nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates, restrictive gun laws, and stringent health and safety legislation. The cynical population of 6.118 billion Hyosungians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The enormous, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government prioritizes Spirituality, with Environment, Social Policy, and International Aid also on the agenda. The average income tax rate is 57.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Hyosungian economy, worth 16.9 trillion asdfs a year, is highly specialized and led by the Basket Weaving industry, with major contributions from Soda Sales, Uranium Mining, and Automobile Manufacturing. Black market activity is extensive. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 2,758 asdfs, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Hyosung's national animal is the asdf.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Hyosung's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Hyosung was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Primitive.
- : Hyosung's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Hyosung's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Hyosung's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Hyosung altered its national flag.
- : Hyosung was refounded in Balder.
- : Hyosung ceased to exist.
- : Hyosung fell out of the world Top 10% for Shortest Average Lifespan.
- : Hyosung was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Authoritarian.