“All Your Cookies Are Belong To Us”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
The Thin Mints R In The Freezer of Hydroponic Nation is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by Hydroponicus with a fair hand, and notable for its complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 21.917 billion Hydroponicans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded individuals juggles the competing demands of Education, the Environment, and Healthcare. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Retired racing Wombats are served truffles for breakfast, teenagers across the country are celebrating the defeat of a national curfew bill, women wear burqas to avoid unwanted male attention, and innocent defendants often plead guilty for fear of receiving a much harsher sentence before jury. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Hydroponic Nation's national animal is the Wombat, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Funyon.
Most Recent Government Activity: 16 days ago
- 3 days 8 hours ago: Hydroponic Nation was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Darkcorp.
- 5 days ago: Hydroponic Nation fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- 8 days ago: Hydroponic Nation was endorsed by The Federation of Shield GSA.
- 8 days ago: Hydroponic Nation was endorsed by The Grand Empire of Laurarcor.
- 8 days ago: Hydroponic Nation was endorsed by The Dominion of Rivgalia.
- 12 days ago: Hydroponic Nation was endorsed by The United Kingdom of Britain I.
- 13 days ago: Hydroponic Nation was endorsed by The Protectorate of Chameria.
- 17 days ago: Hydroponic Nation voted for the World Assembly Resolution "No Penalty Without Law".
- 19 days ago: Following new legislation in Hydroponic Nation, innocent defendants often plead guilty for fear of receiving a much harsher sentence before jury.
- 20 days ago: Following new legislation in Hydroponic Nation, women wear burqas to avoid unwanted male attention.
Endorsements Received: 26 » Norvikeland, Outter Micronesia, Dienes, Fortune1, Half-Milers, Shunnach, Mort Nex, 66 Ducks, Arystria, Tagete, Angakluk, Ummagumma, Seydisfodur, Dhaibat Mukherjee, Efficarum Insutia, East Laurel, Tiesabre, Stragalestranspets, Dyros, Pleaboria, Innato, Zedale, Avaridor, Rivgalia, Laurarcor, and Darkcorp.